aliens labyrinth, good for movie

Started by frosty_141, Mar 02, 2007, 05:00:15 PM

Author
aliens labyrinth, good for movie (Read 14,471 times)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: SM on Aug 28, 2007, 04:46:54 AM
QuoteROUGE possibly? King vs Queen would be something to see

This must be the most frequently misspelled word when it comes to Alien comics.  Always conjures up visions of an Alien sitting in front of a mirror singing "I feel pretty, oh so pretty!"

dude, omigod i like totally did that on purpose. dude.

No thoughts on anything else but my misspelledge then? It would be fun to see in my opinion.

Rather have Tribes or Labyrinth though.

SM

SM

QuoteNo thoughts on anything else but my misspelledge then? It would be fun to see in my opinion.

Nope.  Already offered an opinion earlier.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Is Labyrinth the one where a woman is impreganted through her pussy?

I read something about that once, can't remember if it was this one though.

Munkeywrench

Quote from: Kriszilla on Sep 16, 2007, 11:37:57 AM
Is Labyrinth the one where a woman is impreganted through her pussy?

I read something about that once, can't remember if it was this one though.

I dont remember reading that, I remember a woman birthing 3 and the aliens trying to mate him with his mutilated mother but not that.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Either way it sounds disturbing.

arachnophilia

Quote from: Miker25 on Sep 16, 2007, 09:00:07 PM
I dont remember reading that, I remember a woman birthing 3 and the aliens trying to mate him with his mutilated mother but not that.

yeah, they were trying to breed hosts.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Both Alien Lab and Aliens B both do work to undermine the Alien.  Alien Berserker is 100 times worse than Aliens ever was.  Alien Lab had Church walking around with a pet alien.

You'd have to rework them considerably to make them either scary, or tense. 

Munkeywrench

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 16, 2007, 11:09:21 PM
Both Alien Lab and Aliens B both do work to undermine the Alien.  Alien Berserker is 100 times worse than Aliens ever was.  Alien Lab had Church walking around with a pet alien.

You'd have to rework them considerably to make them either scary, or tense. 

Wasnt Church walking it on just a leash or something rediculous like that? Lol as if a leash would keep an alien from the rest of the ship.

SM

SM

Hence the underminage.

arachnophilia

Quote from: Miker25 on Sep 17, 2007, 12:41:53 AM
Wasnt Church walking it on just a leash or something rediculous like that?

some kind of harness, and i think it had more to do with electrically tasering the alien if it misbehaved.

Quote from: Miker25 on Sep 17, 2007, 12:41:53 AMLol as if a leash would keep an alien from the rest of the ship.

it doesn't. :D

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 16, 2007, 11:09:21 PMYou'd have to rework them considerably to make them either scary, or tense. 

oh, i dunno about that. the whole 3rd issue of labyrinth is about most disturbing comic i've ever read. and the fourth, where the two main characters are thrown into the labyrinth with the alien could easily be pants-wettingly scary.

the alien series, in my opinion, was never scary because of the alien itself. it was the people who made it scary, and their willingness to treat other people as disposable commodities to get to the alien. i think labyrinth reflects that pretty well.

but think about it -- how scary was A:R? it practically already is aliens: labyrinth. a mad scientist with pet aliens, doing strange hybrid experiments? i wonder where they got that from.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Nightmare Asylum, Rogue had the idea before Labyrinth, and just about every comic before those had taste of it.

It wasn't a genre pushing idea.

SM

SM

They weren't doing hybrid experiments in A:R.  The hybrids were an accident.

As I've said - the stuff with Church in the hive was top class.  The rest was the same repetetive mad scientist trying to control/ exploit Aliens we've seen since Aliens - Book One with Hicks and Newt.

Daweism

Daweism

I have the novel.  Must read it again now lol

arachnophilia

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 17, 2007, 03:49:29 AM
Nightmare Asylum, Rogue had the idea before Labyrinth, and just about every comic before those had taste of it.

It wasn't a genre pushing idea.

actually, it was implied from at least the second movie, if not the first. the company wanted the alien for their weapons divisions -- what do you think is the first step when they get it? study it, of course. but no, it's not exactly genre-pushing.

Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2007, 04:20:25 AM
They weren't doing hybrid experiments in A:R.  The hybrids were an accident.

well, sure. but it's a pretty good superficial similarity.

Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2007, 04:20:25 AMAs I've said - the stuff with Church in the hive was top class.  The rest was the same repetetive mad scientist trying to control/ exploit Aliens we've seen since Aliens - Book One with Hicks and Newt.

yes, issue 3, with church in the hive as a young man, was by far the best.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

You know, that I know, that you know what I meant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed