Mad Max: Fury Road

Started by nukem11, Oct 22, 2007, 06:48:31 PM

Author
Mad Max: Fury Road (Read 150,765 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jul 28, 2014, 12:28:30 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 28, 2014, 12:01:34 PM
No it can't. It crashed worse than in MM2.
It exploded in MM2*, it flips in MM4.  I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. 

*Yeah, I know it didn't explode due to the crash.

I've just read that Miller said (he wasn't quoted though) that the movie is reimagining aka reboot. So it's not important what really happens to the interceptor, since its not tied to the "original" events.

But I am very curious about what really happened in the beginning in the trailer. If Max went after the truck rolling in the horizon and he was scouting it from the beginning, or he just started running from the marauders? Also did you noticed the black smoke after the interceptor drove off? Man, he was running on some crap for sure. Its possible that being some sort of home made petrol lol. Maybe thats the cause the chasers got him too.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 28, 2014, 12:38:49 PM
Is continuity really so important from one film to the next in this series that it's worth getting hung up over?
In this series?  No.  Not to me.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Still think this would be much more kickass with an old Max played by Mel.

I am interested to know how this fits into the timeline, wiki says its a reboot.

Vickers

Vickers

Okay, before I share my little experiment, I just want to say that I'm well aware most of you like the colours in the Fury Road trailer. And I'm not expecting many to even like what I did with the colours. But, for whoever is curious, here are my own colour tweaks (top: film's colours; bottom: my colours):

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Honestly, I could take either one and I really wouldn't care.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 28, 2014, 03:26:33 PM
Still think this would be much more kickass with an old Max played by Mel.
Without a doubt  ;)

Being a reboot and not sequel or prequel, I assume it takes place during the same time period as MM2 did. Here is the whole timeline btw http://www.madmaxmovies.com/archives/web-pages/alex-maddison-mad-max-chronology/mchron.html

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Vickers on Jul 28, 2014, 03:27:13 PM
Okay, before I share my little experiment, I just want to say that I'm well aware most of you like the colours in the Fury Road trailer. And I'm not expecting many to even like what I did with the colours. But, for whoever is curious, here are my own colour tweaks (top: film's colours; bottom: my colours):

Definitely prefer your grading Vickers. The trailer is almost too warm/monochromatic resulting in a loss of chromatic contrast.

That said, the Namibian (and Australia's Outback) desert tends to be very orangey in many areas especially during the "golden hour".

Perhaps if you kept the terrain a little warmer?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I like the coloring in the trailers, but I really love what you did there as well Vicks. Did you experiment with any other stills?

I wonder if the coloring in the taller is final though? The movie is a long way off, and it's not unheard of for the film to undergo further color correction between trailers. Pretty sure there was a pretty big change with Prometheus.

Vickers

Vickers

Thanks, guys.

NA, I did experiment with a couple of other screens but I felt that these gave a pretty good idea of what my own take on it would have been. As for the night shots featuring Furiousa, I just toned down the vividness of the blue. I think they seem to be settled on this colour palette in the film especially after seeing the orange and hints of blue in the posters.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah. didn't think of the posters. But you're probably right.

Anyways, like I said yesterday, there were a couple moments early on in the trailer where the color seemed a bit much, but once it started to grow on me I wound up really liking it. Shots like this one here just look really fantastic. I love the deep red smoke against the washed out orange.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Vicks's natural color grading looks a lot better. Many of the shots from the trailer look like Mad Max of Mars.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 28, 2014, 04:15:26 PM
Yeah. didn't think of the posters. But you're probably right.

Anyways, like I said yesterday, there were a couple moments early on in the trailer where the color seemed a bit much, but once it started to grow on me I wound up really liking it. Shots like this one here just look really fantastic. I love the deep red smoke against the washed out orange.

I would have toned down the orange of the sand to make the red and yellow smoke pop even more but that shot is indeed beautiful.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 28, 2014, 04:16:27 PM
Mad Max of Mars.

Take my money now.

First Blood

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed