Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 29, 2006, 06:55:37 PM

Author
Post Your Desktop (Read 488,486 times)

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 13, 2010, 05:46:01 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 13, 2010, 05:27:12 PM
An Alien would kick that things ass.

Good luck, I say to the Alien! The Red Terror single-handedly killed 24 fully-armed soldiers before being driven away. That's right, driven away, into a bunch of tunnels. And everyone sent into those tunnels ended up dead, with some swallowed whole, only to be killed by its stomach acid.

Nasty piece of work.

Know where I can read that short story?
Lost the white dwarf issue many moons ago.

keylight-di

keylight-di

This:

Adorable Locusta's new work.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Razko82 on Feb 15, 2010, 01:55:21 AM
Hey guys ... kind of new here, hope you like my desktop :D

Uh oh, AvP:R...where's the fire?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Got this little baby off of the NASA image of the day site. It filled me with joy, wonderment, a sense of euphoria, excitement, and many other emotions that I cannot properly convey through text. It is truly beautiful.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Oh my God! It's full of stars!  :o

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

How apt. :D

I would like to comment on that picture a little bit more. When I look at it, I just realize that that is an entire galaxy. In that galaxy are billions of stars. Around many of those stars are billions more planets. On a great number of them, life could have risen, evolved, and attained intelligence. Each of those intelligences have had countless civilizations and cultures, with varied languages and beliefs. Religions have come to popularity, then fallen out of fashion. Empires have risen, momentarily controlled an almost noticeable portion of the planet, before being swept away by the tides of time. Works of art have been erected, admired, abandoned, forgotten. Multiply all that by the billions of galaxies there are in the universe, and it makes one seem very small indeed.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Well, maybe it makes you feel small. After all, that thing isn't revolving around you.

Dowly

Dowly

8)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Feb 16, 2010, 06:05:49 AM
Well, maybe it makes you feel small. After all, that thing isn't revolving around you.

Actually, that one is. However, the vast majority of the galaxies aren't.

AVP_Requiem_2010

AVP_Requiem_2010

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I approve. 8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Old school!

Alien³

Alien³

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

My Desktop:

Alien³

Alien³

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed