Alien: Romulus director had an extensive call with James Cameron

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 20, 2024, 01:25:16 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus director had an extensive call with James Cameron (Read 5,895 times)

PortugueseXeno

The best compliment that i can give to Alien. Resurrection is that the Newborn animatronic is probably the best animatronic ever made (or for now...)

The Cruentus

Quote from: oduodu on May 20, 2024, 02:15:18 PMwhy has no one else ever consulted cameron on scripting an alien movie?  stroke of genius.
Probably because sometimes directors usually only care about leaving their own mark when directing sequels.

Scott Conover

Pacing closer to Alien is immensely exciting to me. Honestly might be the thing that's got me the most hyped so far. 

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2024, 02:01:58 PMI'm getting some strong Isolation vibes from whatever Rain is wearing. It's giving me an improvised appearance. I like it.

I'm getting "Who you gonna call ?" vibes

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on May 21, 2024, 01:42:02 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2024, 02:01:58 PMI'm getting some strong Isolation vibes from whatever Rain is wearing. It's giving me an improvised appearance. I like it.

I'm getting "Who you gonna call ?" vibes

Mr.M

New pic has been posted by Mike Monsters, entering the hive.

garfield9189

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 20, 2024, 03:54:42 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 20, 2024, 03:31:27 PMDark Fate isn't perfect, but it has some really interesting components to it and it is far and away the best Terminator anything since 1991, so yeah, I'd say his contributions helped.

I particularly enjoyed it being Cameron's idea to kill off John Conner at the start of the movie, after spending years bitching about how Alien 3 killed off Hicks and Newt at the beginning of the movie and how it was "disrespectful to the fans".
It's a series that is largely dependent on time travel though.  It can easily be retconned or dismissed as an alternative reality in a series like the terminator.

Nightmare Asylum

Dark Fate pretty explicitly operates on the mindset that there is one (always changing) timeline, and it doesn't factor in the previous post-T2 installments as part of that timeline.

From what I remember, I think Genisys did more of a multiverse thing. I'm hazy on the specifics of that, though. Only saw the movie once and did not like it at all.

garfield9189

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 21, 2024, 03:48:39 PMDark Fate pretty explicitly operates on the mindset that there is one (always changing) timeline, and it doesn't factor in the previous post-T2 installments as part of that timeline.

From what I remember, I think Genisys did more of a multiverse thing. I'm hazy on the specifics of that, though. Only saw the movie once and did not like it at all.
that's why I can't be too annoyed about the Connor thing. They can find a way to fix it.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm just not annoyed about it because the movie itself is pretty good.

Kradan

Idk, Genysis was so cheesy I kinda enjoyed it while Dark Fate was pretty "blah"

SiL

Dark Fate is the best of the post T2 sequels, but the bar is low and it still clips it stumbling over.

BigDaddyJohn

Dark Fate was a weird experience. Some pretty cool stuff, and some pretty horrible.

Cosmic Incubation

Not to further derail this into Terminator territory, but I think Salvation is pretty underrated. Especially compared to films like Genisys.

Dark Fate had some good and interesting ideas, but still overall fell flat imo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed