Aliens on Earth as a third movie

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 17, 2024, 10:16:05 PM

Author
Aliens on Earth as a third movie (Read 723 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: via Slash Film"I was working on 'Alien³' in '89, which was before 'Jurassic Park' and all those movies. So the concept of having these creatures on Earth for the studio, it felt scary and unattainable. For me, it was the natural evolution. We've had the 'Alien' with the truck drivers in space, we've had 'Aliens' with the Marines in space, and where do we go next? Let's bring the aliens on Earth and have them going through the cornfield. I had the poster already in my mind with the farmhouse and the cornfield in moonlight, and they are going through the cornfield. To this day, I think it would've been a ginormous hit movie because it would've been the first time anything like that was done. But for whatever reason, the studio felt like, 'Ah, the audience won't buy that.'"

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1791575353430798411

gold

gold

It would have been such a better A3 I think.

Check the awesome concept art for A:CM where they were thinking of going in this direction:

And more:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=51056.0

Immortan Jonesy

Reminds me of the Neill Blomkamp's third world sci-fi! :o

Local Trouble

SM

SM

There was a cornfield in Red and a wheatfield in Ward.  Not sure either would have been ginormous hits.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on May 18, 2024, 03:09:21 AMwheatfield in Ward.

Give me the wheatfield.

And the wooden planet.

And the monks.

And the sheep.

SM

SM

I'm certainly more partial to that than the mid-80s, mid-western town on top of space station.

Local Trouble

What did young SM want out of Alien 3 back in the day?

[cancerblack]

Neila

Neila

Just like with Blomkamp, you have to be careful despite all the promises and announcements from the "what could have been Alien3".

Wasn't there once a really stupid idea that the aliens would merge into one giant creature when they attacked Earth?

The comparison with ID4 is flawed.
Overrunning the Earth was certainly too costly for the Alien brand back then, because it is not a mainstream franchise.

Today this can certainly be done better simply because of the effect possibilities.
I stand by my opinion that an Alien film in the style of A Quiet Place would have worked great.
and it's good that we have Alien 3 as it is

Local Trouble

Quote from: Neila on May 18, 2024, 07:40:55 AMOverrunning the Earth was certainly too costly for the Alien brand back then, because it is not a mainstream franchise.

It should be more like World War Z.

[cancerblack]

Let's not and say we did.

SM

SM

Quote from: Neila on May 18, 2024, 07:40:55 AMJust like with Blomkamp, you have to be careful despite all the promises and announcements from the "what could have been Alien3".

Wasn't there once a really stupid idea that the aliens would merge into one giant creature when they attacked Earth?

The comparison with ID4 is flawed.
Overrunning the Earth was certainly too costly for the Alien brand back then, because it is not a mainstream franchise.

Today this can certainly be done better simply because of the effect possibilities.
I stand by my opinion that an Alien film in the style of A Quiet Place would have worked great.
and it's good that we have Alien 3 as it is

Red had them merging into a giant Alien but no Earth attack.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 18, 2024, 04:46:48 AMWhat did young SM want out of Alien 3 back in the day?

OG comics.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 18, 2024, 07:30:44 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 18, 2024, 03:57:59 AM
Quote from: SM on May 18, 2024, 03:09:21 AMwheatfield in Ward.

Give me the wheatfield.

https://external-preview.redd.it/PxLF4BFbnpzwSg90w-N2uz5en52c4I7Yi3_2vrq7ES0.jpg?auto=webp&s=501fe7b88697d5c55a2c79eae675d444198c880a

He knows wheat.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on May 18, 2024, 07:56:11 AMOG comics.

Even the Sam Kieth parts?

SM

SM

Nah Verheiden and Nelson would've sufficed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed