Religion

Started by David, May 14, 2024, 05:54:44 PM

Author
Religion (Read 1,270 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 16, 2024, 10:20:41 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 16, 2024, 10:17:57 PMYep its not satanic, its used by pagans.

People Against Goodness And Normalcy?

Heh
Nope, pagans are a variety. Some good, some bad.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Regarding modern media and "satanism".

They got 6th place jury vote, 6th place in tele and 6th place overall ;D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SM on May 16, 2024, 10:11:52 PMFaith doesn't require proof.

I completely agree. Scientific miracles claims in a "divine" book does though, that's my point.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Of course faith doesn't require proof. That's why it's called faith :)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 16, 2024, 03:12:22 PMThe answer being no, I dropped out lol. The Quran is vowed to be hegemonial, and doesn't allow criticism of any kind, claiming numerous "scientifical miracles" to be related in it.

When you check, double check, triple check, you see that's it's all fake propaganda written by bedouins of the arabic peninsula from the 7th century obviously. While it claims otherwise, nothing in it that is written couldn't have been by men.
Oh boy, I've done copywriting for people claiming that black seed is the remedy for everything but death. All of the studies that "proved" its effectiveness for various ailments were done with a handful of people and shithouse controls, if any.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

But for anyone reading here, don't get me wrong , faith is personal and I will never criticize it in itself.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I would never criticize faith neither as it's personal. However, what I do criticise is organised religion.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have faith that you'll watch On the Silver Globe this weekend.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Don't mock my faith! >:(

Ingwar

Ingwar

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2024, 10:41:12 AMDon't mock my faith! >:(

Faith should not be afraid to be mocked

Ingwar

Ingwar

Yeah, people of weak faith are very easily offended by criticism of their religion.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Kradan on May 17, 2024, 11:14:43 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2024, 10:41:12 AMDon't mock my faith! >:(

Faith should not be afraid to be mocked

"Any faith that admires truth, that strives to know God, must be brave enough to accommodate the universe." Sagan

I'm not partial to anything in particular. I don't have any truly strong opinions on religion or spirituality, I honestly don't give it much thought in the day to day. It would be nice if there was bigger out there, but recognize that science hasn't provided us any proof. I guess that makes me agnostic.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Why isn't there a religion that worships the asteroid 🦕🦖☄️that hit Earth 65 million years ago? Mammals had their chance to diversify and grow thanks to that event...and well, humans wouldn't be here without that

~ 👀🤘

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed