Religion

Started by David, May 14, 2024, 05:54:44 PM

Author
Religion (Read 1,446 times)

David

David

Good evening, I just want to know what is your opinion about religion. If you believe in God, if you are atheist or if you worship Satan. Thank you for your answers.
Lets start with me. I believe in God and I am christian.

Kradan

Kradan

Baptist Christian here. I was raised in a Christian family, I remember my mom reading me a book called "Bible Stories" (basically Bible adapted for children with nice pictures) but for a long time I was pretty far away from God even tho I never actively denied his existence. I've became quite religious in the last 2 years (guess why, I'll give you a hint - I'm from Ukraine). When I moved to the western part of the country I found refuge in a local baptist church. I was genuinely shocked by the generosity of people who gave and gave not expecting anything in return. I've begun to attend services regularly, participate in church's ministries, last summer I got baptisized. I've met lots of new friends  I try to read Bible twice a day and pray at least once a day. I believe there's God but If you ask me to explain exactly why or to prove his existence I don't think I will be able to. I just feel my life got better with me getting closer to God, developing an intimate relationship with him, it changed my  views on the world and people and my place in it, it pointed out how imperfect I am while simultaneously showing how good I can be by God's grace.

(Also I would highly recommend sermons by the late NY pastor Tim Keller)

oduodu

oduodu

i am not Christian. but i believe in the existance of the God of the bible. and that He is the intelligence behind everything.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I'm an atheist.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: David on May 14, 2024, 05:54:44 PMIf you believe in God, if you are atheist or if you worship Satan.

I believe there's more options than just those three.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: oduodu on May 14, 2024, 06:48:00 PMi am not Christian. but i believe in the existance of the God of the bible. and that He is the intelligence behind everything.

Interesting. Do you believe in Jesus Christ as in: Son of God, Resurrection etc. ?

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 14, 2024, 06:59:39 PM
Quote from: David on May 14, 2024, 05:54:44 PMIf you believe in God, if you are atheist or if you worship Satan.

I believe there's more options than just those three.

Yeah seconded; is the question to determine who believes in Christian values only? Or is it open to a wide variety of deities/ religions/ spirituality?

aliens13

aliens13

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Baptist Christian. 

There are lots of Methodist and Baptist in the Southern US.  Had I not been raised a Baptist, it is quite possible that I would have absolutely zero faith, since I went through an almost zero faith period when my grandparents died.  Nothing drastic there, it just took me out of church, and happened when I was listening but not perceiving everything that was being taught to us because of my age.   

Lately with the world in the state it is, my interest has grown.  Feels very cold war, anything can go off the rails type of deal.  Better to try and get the mind and soul right. 

SM

SM

Catholic.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Non-spiritual

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Kradan on May 14, 2024, 07:04:26 PM
Quote from: oduodu on May 14, 2024, 06:48:00 PMi am not Christian. but i believe in the existance of the God of the bible. and that He is the intelligence behind everything.

Interesting. Do you believe in Jesus Christ as in: Son of God, Resurrection etc. ?

i believe that Jesus is the son of God yes and that He is very close to returning to earth to establish the 1000 year peace reign.

SiL

SiL

On a cosmic time-scale, maybe.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm an avowed solipsist.  You're all figments of my imagination.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed