Rest in Peace Roger Corman

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 12, 2024, 02:06:48 AM

Author
Rest in Peace Roger Corman (Read 310 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1789474964325749088

God... this one hurts so much. I just always kind of felt like he was going to be around forever...

Mike’s Monsters

We likely wouldn't have so many great movies today if he hadn't brought so many of the masters under his belt. What a legend. Rest in peace!!!

SM

SM

Made a lot of careers did Rog. Ninety eight was a good innings. RIP

Nightmare Asylum

What an absolute gift to cinema he was, from the (many, many) incredible filmmakers that he helped usher into the industry, to the cult B-pictures that he gave us himself. It only felt right to revisit one of those tonight, in Attack of the Crab Monsters – the only movie I know of that features giant nuclear-irradiated crab creatures with human facial features and the brains of their victims embedded within them like some sort of parasitic hivemind.

Rest in peace, Roger Corman. I always felt like you were one of those guys that was just going to be around forever, and through your works that you leave behind and the legacy of talent that you unleashed unto Hollywood, you will be.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He was like a film school and a talent pipeline all in one.

SiL

SiL

And made some very memorable films at the same time. His Alien knockoffs were some of the best.

Kradan

Kradan

He almost made Alien itself, didn't he ?

RIP

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on May 12, 2024, 07:49:18 AMHe almost made Alien itself, didn't he ?

RIP
Eh, O'Bannon considered it as a Corman production. I don't think it got to him.

Nightmare Asylum

Who knows, we might not have gotten Aliens were it not for Corman. Cameron is one of the filmmakers thar came up through his ranks.

T Dog

T Dog

RIP. It's crazy how many of our favourite movies/directors/actors came via Corman's structure. Such an important figure in cinema history.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

We'd have not the Aliens we know and love without him (Aliens, The Movies That Made Us, Netflix)

SiL

SiL

Meanwhile Paul Schrader is flinging shit on a corpse.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

RIP sir.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed