Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 03, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Author
Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew (Read 13,974 times)

The Cruentus

As much as I enjoyed Out of the shadows, I think it would have been better without the inclusions of Ripley and Ash.
Spoiler
Ash rumored to be in Romulus just seems unnecessary and silly, it also means they want to rely on nostalgia rather than a good story.
[close]

SiL

Spoiler
Yeah, even beyond my ethical issues I think it's a dumb idea. It reeks of nostalgia baiting and doesn't make a lot of sense that an Android spy would have an off the shelf face.

It's just shitty midquel energy.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Hopefully it will not play a big role in the story.

SiL

SiL

I don't want it to play any role.

The recent still of the two actors using the gun recalling Ripley and Hicks, along with Spaeny in the elevator in the trailer, really don't give me confidence this will be much more than a memberberry salad with some neat setpieces thrown in.

BigDaddyJohn

I understand, but considering damage is done, at least let it be somehow of little importance for the story.

SiL

Spoiler
By all accounts it's a cameo, but the shitty midquelness of it is indelible.
[close]

The Cruentus

Spoiler
What is it about ash that is a cameo then, it can't be anything physical since Nostromo was destroyed completely, so if his head pops up then whoever came with that idea should quit showbusiness. If its BC then its goes back to the stupidity that I mentioned earlier
[close]

Jaws the Revenge

Jaws the Revenge

Going with SiL. Was just about to post the exact same comments. Memberberries Galore.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 13, 2024, 01:43:07 PM
Spoiler
What is it about ash that is a cameo then, it can't be anything physical since Nostromo was destroyed completely, so if his head pops up then whoever came with that idea should quit showbusiness. If its BC then its goes back to the stupidity that I mentioned earlier
[close]

Spoiler
It's another robot with the same features, so not exactly the same Ash. Big Chap is definitely there, but is supposed to look damaged.
[close]

The Cruentus

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 13, 2024, 02:45:57 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 13, 2024, 01:43:07 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
It's another robot with the same features, so not exactly the same Ash. Big Chap is definitely there, but is supposed to look damaged.
[close]

Spoiler
I see, I mean there is a precedent for androids using the same model so that is not too bad, still a shame about BC though.
[close]

solace97

solace97

I think it will actually surprise us once we see how it is executed despite how it could sound on paper, though j am hesitant 

The Cruentus

True I guess. I just don't want a repeat of Covenant.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 13, 2024, 03:15:22 PMTrue I guess. I just don't want a repeat of Covenant.

No. What we DO want is a continuation!

The Cruentus

Sure Ridley can finish his trilogy but they should close the door on it then, make the whole "prequel" trilogy just a what if or something.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Slutty Badger on May 13, 2024, 04:51:23 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 13, 2024, 03:15:22 PMTrue I guess. I just don't want a repeat of Covenant.

No. What we DO want is a continuation!

Lol who's "we" ? I'm certainly not a part of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed