[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 03:26:28 PM

Author
[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film! (Read 36,738 times)

SiL

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 02, 2024, 12:51:46 AMTraveling FTL also makes no sense.
It's kind of endemic to the genre though.

Kimarhi

For whatever reason, I thought when the crew was awake in all of the movies they weren't going FTL.  If they were then it is a much harder problem to solve. 

SiL

Local Trouble

SiL is starting to sound black-pilled about the whole damn thing.

Highland

Highland

What if the start of the movie is just the cast going along in space singing David Bowies space oddity and the Alien just hits the wind shield?

I'm pretty much coming up with all the answers here.

xShadowFoxX

I think regardless of how they found it.. the movie takes place twenty years after the first film.

xShadowFoxX

It would be going at this constant speed with nothing to slow it down. Eventually, it would've been pulled toward some celestial object. It would be far, far from the Narcissus's trajectory.

Highland

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 02, 2024, 06:18:52 AMI think regardless of how they found it.. the movie takes place twenty years after the first film.

I just had flash backs of Sebastian telling us the whole plot of AVP from three inscriptions on a random wall.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Highland on Apr 02, 2024, 07:03:36 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 02, 2024, 06:18:52 AMI think regardless of how they found it.. the movie takes place twenty years after the first film.

I just had flash backs of Sebastian telling us the whole plot of AVP from three inscriptions on a random wall.
Sebastian... Sebastian.. refresh my memory.

Highland

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 02, 2024, 07:07:35 AM

Spanish man, translates the whole AVP plot for us without looking down the camera , dies stuck to a wall from Lex ( with tears).

*Emotional moment

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Highland on Apr 02, 2024, 07:15:12 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 02, 2024, 07:07:35 AM

Spanish man, translates the whole AVP plot for us without looking down the camera , dies stuck to a wall from Lex ( with tears).

*Emotional moment
Ohhhhh yea! Sorry, haven't watched it since.... Ever

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Apr 02, 2024, 07:15:12 AMSpanish man, translates the whole AVP plot for us without looking down the camera , dies stuck to a wall from Lex ( with tears).

*Emotional moment
Italian, FFS.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Apr 02, 2024, 07:22:45 AM
Quote from: Highland on Apr 02, 2024, 07:15:12 AMSpanish man, translates the whole AVP plot for us without looking down the camera , dies stuck to a wall from Lex ( with tears).

*Emotional moment
Italian, FFS.

8) Ahhh same though eh, people call me Irish and I'm Scottish I let it fly  :laugh:

Kimarhi

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 02, 2024, 06:24:32 AMIt would be going at this constant speed with nothing to slow it down. Eventually, it would've been pulled toward some celestial object. It would be far, far from the Narcissus's trajectory.

If it was going the FTL then yes this is a possibility.  If it wasn't the speed of light then it wouldn't be pulled toward anything for what would be an eternity.  It takes our fastest ship now 77,000 years to reach the next closest star. 

Until somebody in universe says that the ships are going FTL or faster (they aren't zipping around Acheron in Alien or Aliens it only takes light 3 minutes to go from the sun to earth so if they were always in FTL speed then they would constantly be zipping past the planets)  when the crew is awake, then I don't believe it, and everything could be formulated to find the Alien.  Yalls non american math just sucks because you use the metric system.  If you used standard like we do, it would make sense how you could program machines capable of going FTL to reverse track the Nostromo and its shuttles flight plan and investigate anything outside the norm.

;) 

This is all moot anyways, because the movie won't give us anything like that, and we know that the shuttle wasn't recovered till Aliens so there is no way they can have that half of the puzzle in any way that would make sense. 

SiL

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 02, 2024, 07:30:00 AMUntil somebody in universe says that the ships are going FTL or faster (they aren't zipping around Acheron in Alien or Aliens it only takes light 3 minutes to go from the sun to earth so if they were always in FTL speed then they would constantly be zipping past the planets)  when the crew is awake, then I don't believe it, and everything could be formulated to find the Alien. 
The ships aren't going FTL around planets. Lambert says it's going to take 10 months to get home meaning they're faster than light by that point. They were meant to show this in the exterior shots of the Nostromo but I don't think had the budget.

Resurrection is the most explicit, as the return trip from Pluto to Earth is faster than light and they're all awake.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed