[Exclusive/Spoilers] How Alien: Romulus Connects To The Prequels & The Original Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 12:32:43 PM

Author
[Exclusive/Spoilers] How Alien: Romulus Connects To The Prequels & The Original Alien (Read 13,090 times)

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 18, 2024, 11:01:17 AMYou don't have to eat your own words. I just don't understand them. Everyone wins if this movie succeeds.
Admittedly I want the movie to succeed. But I also have a strong suspicion it isn't going to do too well in theaters. Honestly, a Hulu release would be a much safer bet.

aliens13

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 18, 2024, 10:22:32 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 18, 2024, 11:01:17 AMYou don't have to eat your own words. I just don't understand them. Everyone wins if this movie succeeds.
Admittedly I want the movie to succeed. But I also have a strong suspicion it isn't going to do too well in theaters. Honestly, a Hulu release would be a much safer bet.
Yes, but it would be a shame and painful
to see a big franchise like Alien reduced to a Hulu release

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 18, 2024, 10:36:14 PM
At this point in the franchise, you'd expect otherwise? Prey did tremendously well in Hulu. I know people think it would've done well in theaters but I don't think it would've, even with a good word of mouth.

aliens13

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 18, 2024, 10:48:37 PM
At this point in the franchise, you'd expect otherwise? Prey did tremendously well in Hulu. I know people think it would've done well in theaters but I don't think it would've, even with a good word of mouth.
I hope this movie turns out well, I don't wanna see my favourite franchise get on ice for a long time. In Fede we trust

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 18, 2024, 11:08:29 PM
I hope this movie turns out well, I don't wanna see my favourite franchise get on ice for a long time. In Fede we trust
I'm also going to admit that I'm not a fan of Alvarez. His style worked for Evil Dead, and I do love how he builds tension but his stories are just so outlandish and dumb, and that was reflected on the recent Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I would feel a lot better if somebody else thought up the story, because Fede wrote Romulus, right?

NoStyleDutch

I think the success of prey is the reason switched this from a Hulu release to a theatrical one in the first place.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 19, 2024, 01:12:04 AM

I think the success of prey is the reason switched this from a Hulu release to a theatrical one in the first place.
Yea but that's purely streaming vs theatrical release. It's inherently more affordable to pay 14.99 for a Hulu Subscription than it is to go to a movie theater. In my case, I would have to hire a babysitter, reserve or buy the tickets at the booth, buy popcorn, a couple sodas, food in general. I like my cookie dough bits! That's gonna come around to maybe $70-$80 for a night at the movies, whether I take the kids or not.

At home, we could watch Prey whenever we want with nothing to stop us.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Personally annoyed I couldn't get the chance to watch Prey at the cinema, it's irritating that it wouldn't have likely done gang busters at the box office, hope it's success on Hulu is enough to motivate them to give Prey 2 and Badlands the theatrical treatment.

Whether or not this Alien Romulus will be a box office hit depends and the film if it's appealing, has a rewatchable appeal and whether we the fans and the average movie going audiences will support it to the degree it needs.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 19, 2024, 01:04:01 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 18, 2024, 11:08:29 PM
I'm also going to admit that I'm not a fan of Alvarez. His style worked for Evil Dead, and I do love how he builds tension but his stories are just so outlandish and dumb, and that was reflected on the recent Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I would feel a lot better if somebody else thought up the story, because Fede wrote Romulus, right?

Yes Alavarez wrote it with his usual writing partner Rodo Sayagues.

XENOMORPHOSIS

@BigDaddyJohn
At the screening where Fede talked with Guillermo del Toro and mentioned that it was either some producers or Ridley Scott who complimented him and his partners writing and dialogue, it's to be noted that some were not impressed by the little of the dialogue was heard the the audition videos, it's not clear if the lines will actually be used in the final film, about unfair to judge purely based on audition videos well have to wait see how it's executed.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah I remember those audition tapes, it's clearly not enough to judge on anything. I remember a bit where the synthetic is making jokes and nobody understand them or some like that. Maybe there'll be some humor in this movie.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Though it's varied the quality of additional new creatures and expanded the Xenomorph forms here's hoping what they pull off with the laboratory experiments with the black goo and supposed new final Alien is effective, scary and serves justice to HR Giger Biomechanoid nightmarish genius imagination.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Other than the teaser we're getting soon do you suppose we may be a vague teaser poster at some point.

Something ominous like the original Alien poster with the egg and caption "In space no one can hear you scream",

The Prometheus teaser poster with the crew member (presumably Shaw) looking upon a partially obscure Engineer big head monument and caption "The search for our beginning could lead to our end.

The Alien Covenant teaser poster with the Alien/Protomorph face and caption "Run".

Hope they come up with is simple yet cleverly creative idea for the poster.

solace97

I wonder how this will affect the lure with Aliens. Wouldn't Burke have known about the Romulus station and discovery of the big chap

SiL

Quote from: solace97 on Mar 20, 2024, 03:19:01 AMI wonder how this will affect the lure with Aliens. Wouldn't Burke have known about the Romulus station and discovery of the big chap
Why would he? It was 57 years earlier.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed