Alien: Romulus Star Says It's a 'Very, Very, Very Different' Film for the Franchise

Started by Darkoo, Feb 28, 2024, 02:29:12 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Star Says It's a 'Very, Very, Very Different' Film for the Franchise (Read 6,931 times)

Random

Not saying I like the Idea but my gut tells me it might revolve around the Xenomorph that came out of the Engineer's chest in Alien. With Davids mutations I don't think it would look anything like the Xeno that came out if the Engineer in Prometheus. But obviously would look a bit different from the tradition Xeno, which could be a pretty big negative. Per what I have read the film is to pick up right after the 1st film. Obviously, this particular Xeno "popped up/out" prior to the original film. It could have been the day prior or 100 years. But the big SOB could have been lurking around the same time they originally found the eggs.

BigDaddyJohn

TheBATMAN

Maybe the film starts immediately after Alien but then it moves on x amount of years?

T Dog

Yeeeeeeeeeeah these words are meaningless.

BigDaddyJohn

Possibly an exaggeration. Still I'm intrigued.

Game_Over_Man

Surely if it's sandwiched between Alien and Aliens, it's got to feature the retro tech, the chattering computers, the old monitors, and of course, pulse rifles ;)

BigDaddyJohn

For continuity's sake it has to be that way. I hope they don't pull a Prometheus on this one.

XENOMORPHOSIS

This may be odd to ponder is there a log a creative bible of the Alien Franchise surveying the six movies soon to be seven (AvP cross overs are a separate matter treated as a What If) the comics, novels, games and gradings what is and isn't cannon and which aspects of continuity they wish to maintain and how currently the focus of the franchise has steered away (as far as films are concerned) from the post AlienS, AlienĀ³ and Resurrection Ripley/Ripley8 sequel era and now perhaps distancing itself from the Prequels, though I'd be fine if there's an Easter egg to Prometheus stuff in AlienRomulus, is there some guide a movie bible over seeing the series and what is the studios interest In exploring?

Nightmare Asylum

There's an encyclopedia coming later this year that's going to cover the six currently released films.

Ingwar

Is it? Never heard anything about it.

DaveT937

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 09, 2024, 10:08:11 PMThere's an encyclopedia coming later this year that's going to cover the six currently released films.
And most likely the 7th, given the delays and it's releasing after Romulus is out...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 09, 2024, 10:27:33 PMIs it? Never heard anything about it.

It's been delayed a million times, but (so far) is on track for late this year now. We have a thread for it here.

Quote from: DaveT937 on Mar 09, 2024, 10:30:40 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 09, 2024, 10:08:11 PMThere's an encyclopedia coming later this year that's going to cover the six currently released films.
And most likely the 7th, given the delays and it's releasing after Romulus is out...

Not sure what has caused all of the delays, but it has been confirmed by some folks in the know here that the delays are not to accommodate Romulus and that the film will not be accounted for in the book.

XENOMORPHOSIS

@Nightmare Asylum what I meant was do the studios, the show runners, executives have notes and files and creative book not for public but for writers room, I'd imagine they enquire Ridley to consult depends on the project, something that's covering the Making of and the Alien Mythology series and oversee the process making sure its meets their expectations and that nothing clash with cannon, perhaps they've bent that rules with the upcoming Tv series being less connected to the Prequel material.

SiL

The film department doesn't, the marketing and merchandise does.

Nightmare Asylum

I wouldn't really say the TV series is "less connected" to the prequel material so much as I would say that it is very consciously retconning what certain elements of those movies mean. This isn't a case of wiping movies out of continuity (like what the prequels did to the AVP movies) so much as it is a case of redefining what elements in previous films mean (like what the prequels did to the Space Jockey in Alien).

Like SiL said, there isn't really a bible for the production side of things. Steve Asbell (who oversees film production for 20th Century Studios) doesn't even have any official overlap with the studio's television side (though he did say that they chat about certain things).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed