Noah Hawley Has Plans For Multiple 'Alien' Seasons

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 17, 2024, 04:16:47 AM

Author
Noah Hawley Has Plans For Multiple 'Alien' Seasons (Read 9,147 times)

Neila

Neila

Quote from: VodouSpartan on Jan 23, 2024, 05:52:44 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 19, 2024, 03:05:06 PMWho the heck is Perry? :)

He is an author, wrote arguably the best Predator novel. "Predator: Turnabout" Or they are talking about the American singer-songwriter, however that seems less likely considering where we are.

This may be.
He has also written quite good alien novels in the past.
But he is also the author of one of the worst AvP novels in which he repeatedly describes the alien as stupid.
Furthermore, he also did this in a very offensive way in AvpR's behind the scenes.
I have the impression that as his work progressed he became more "in love" with the Predator and placed him above things in a very clichéd way.
 Not that I care about the whole crossover stuff, but when people get involved in a franchise where there are two strong fan sites and insult one side of it, I find that worrying.
In general, one can say that too many wrong decisions have already been made, especially in the AvP area, and Steve Perry is one of them...

Slutty Badger

His novelization of Men in Black rocks, though.

MudButt

https://deadline.com/2024/02/more-fargo-depends-on-alien-fx-1235820984/

QuoteWhen asked whether there were plans for a sixth season of Fargo, FX boss John Landgraf said it depends of how Alien pans out.

[Alien] is big imaginative reimagining of that franchise. It was really fun to watch [Noah] take on the Alien franchise in the way I watched him take on Fargo, to try to figure out how to deconstruct where the magic of it comes from and what were the key ingredients and how he can deliver those ingredients in a different way without just repeating things that have been done before," he said.

"It's designed to be an ongoing series. Then as far as Fargo goes, it's a matter of timing because I'm hoping Noah's going to be working subsequent seasons of Alien and really try to turn that around fast. But my ears always perk up when he says he's interested in approaching more Fargo and I think he did an incredible job this year with season five," he added.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: MudButt on Feb 09, 2024, 11:36:03 PMhttps://deadline.com/2024/02/more-fargo-depends-on-alien-fx-1235820984/

QuoteWhen asked whether there were plans for a sixth season of Fargo, FX boss John Landgraf said it depends of how Alien pans out.

[Alien] is big imaginative reimagining of that franchise. It was really fun to watch [Noah] take on the Alien franchise in the way I watched him take on Fargo, to try to figure out how to deconstruct where the magic of it comes from and what were the key ingredients and how he can deliver those ingredients in a different way without just repeating things that have been done before," he said.

"It's designed to be an ongoing series. Then as far as Fargo goes, it's a matter of timing because I'm hoping Noah's going to be working subsequent seasons of Alien and really try to turn that around fast. But my ears always perk up when he says he's interested in approaching more Fargo and I think he did an incredible job this year with season five," he added.

I kind of wish that Noah's Alien series was also an anthology series (different seasons with different stories and characers) like Fargo instead of an ongoing story.

But i will just wait and see what he has to deliver.

Immortan Jonesy

XENOMORPHOSIS

Curious, just hopes there's not too much a cliffhanger component to the series finale incase it doesn't get a season 2, very eager to see what they have in store come 2025.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Feb 10, 2024, 11:22:25 AMCurious, just hopes there's not too much a cliffhanger component to the series finale incase it doesn't get a season 2, very eager to see what they have in store come 2025.

Well, we've already had a cliffhanger component in the films themselves, so.

XENOMORPHOSIS

@SluttyBadger you could make a case the early films didn't openly suggest sequel set up cliffhangers,
 the end of Alien and Aliens while left the possibility of a sequel often they were mostly  self contained, mostly, Alien3 with very definitive, perhaps arguably abrupt in the scope of the universe but a wrapped up ending, Alien Resurrection gives both a finality in how Ripley (though it's not really Ripley but a clone) returns to Earth but could allude to an earth at story for Alien 5, though that as of yet never been realised in film. Alien vs Predator has a cliffhanger ending with the Predalien birth setting the events of the sequel, then Aliens vs Predator Requiem's ending with Yutani attaining the plasma shoulder cannon giving them a technological advantage setting up the future though these events are regarded as an elseworld story not cannon to Alien.  Prometheus's ending with Shaw and David's journey to the Engineer planet setting the events of the sequel and most recently Alien Covenant's ending with David taking the Covenant to Origae-6 with cryostasis colonists and Alien embryos, though it seems unlikely that plotline may not be explored anytime soon. The cliffhanger element setting another sequel has been applied not so much with the early movies but that's just me. Your username is awesome btw. 8)

T Dog

Quote from: Steve Perry on Jan 18, 2024, 11:58:37 PMHawley's a good writer. If they let him alone, he can pull it off. His work on Fargo is brilliant.

Hey Steve! 10 year old me was very confused by the sexiness in your Alien books and Shadows of The Empire!

Slutty Badger

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Feb 10, 2024, 12:55:25 PM@SluttyBadger you could make a case the early films didn't openly suggest sequel set up cliffhangers

I was really just talking about Covenant. It does leave a lot dangling.

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Feb 10, 2024, 12:55:25 PMYour username is awesome btw. 8)

A-thank you!

LV-12986

I hope this takes off very well, I really do!
The fans deserve it!!!

Enjoy

The walking dead did not get better over time but a rabid fan base it did

Duracell

after seeing how woke fargo S5 turned out to be, i fear the worst. even though it was otherwise high quality, i could not finish it.

Nightmare Asylum

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed