Facehugger: How did it know to go for Kane's face?

Started by motherfather, Jan 08, 2024, 07:40:24 PM

Author
Facehugger: How did it know to go for Kane's face? (Read 4,869 times)

Local Trouble

Ridley can't wait to put David in the Space Jockey suit.  You can just feel it.  He thinks it's going to be the ultimate masterstroke of his long career.

Hicks knows this.

Immortan Jonesy

That would make David breedable in a way.

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 03, 2024, 06:19:36 PMRidley can't wait to put David in the Space Jockey suit.  You can just feel it.  He thinks it's going to be the ultimate masterstroke of his long career.

Hicks knows this.

Nah it's Tennessee in the suit.  He's the pilot after all.

aliens13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 02, 2024, 03:28:49 PMThat's what I'm fearful Scott would do in a 3rd movie. The Space Jockey in the Derelict ends up being David inside an Engineer suit and that's how the Alien becomes biomechanical.
If he does that in an hypothetical 3rd movie, I would burn my copies of Prometheus and Covenant

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 03, 2024, 05:41:27 PMI don't trust him not to do that, so I really don't want him to.
At this stage I'm not confident he's going to get the chance.

PsyKore

It's a tacky idea, just like how they linked the Engineers to humans. I wouldn't put it past Ridley to make David the Jockey, but I would at least hope he'd want to leave the first film directly untouched and not go that route.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 07, 2024, 11:16:54 AMIt's a tacky idea, just like how they linked the Engineers to humans. I wouldn't put it past Ridley to make David the Jockey, but I would at least hope he'd want to leave the first film directly untouched and not go that route.

According to Alien: Icarus, David became a messianic figure among synthetics. I'd be more interested in seeing how that came about.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Feb 07, 2024, 12:54:39 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 07, 2024, 11:16:54 AMIt's a tacky idea, just like how they linked the Engineers to humans. I wouldn't put it past Ridley to make David the Jockey, but I would at least hope he'd want to leave the first film directly untouched and not go that route.

According to Alien: Icarus, David became a messianic figure among synthetics. I'd be more interested in seeing how that came about.
When I was reading it I wasn't sure that was THE David, but it makes sense.

Neila

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 02, 2024, 03:28:49 PMThat's what I'm fearful Scott would do in a 3rd movie. The Space Jockey in the Derelict ends up being David inside an Engineer suit and that's how the Alien becomes biomechanical.

If Scott were to stage it like that, it would be further unbelievable and illogical.
The androids were not used as breeding grounds by the aliens in the films because they are not organic living beings.

If David were to sink into the black slime together with an alien and the biomechanical being was formed out of it, it would at least still be understandable in the context of Prometheus.

Due to the new directions, especially in Hawley's series, this will no longer be clarified anyway or will even be completely reinterpreted.

no matter how,
Everything, really everything is better than what the Strausse brothers had in mind with the Space Jockey.
I hope that they are never allowed to touch our beloved franchise again...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 07, 2024, 03:15:50 PM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Feb 07, 2024, 12:54:39 PM

When I was reading it I wasn't sure that was THE David, but it makes sense.

It's not exactly explicit and I wouldn't go as far as to say the comic depicts him as a messianic figure for them all, but they're certainly aware of a figure called David and have access to his teaching.

Quote from: Neila on Feb 08, 2024, 11:30:06 AM

If Scott were to stage it like that, it would be further unbelievable and illogical.
The androids were not used as breeding grounds by the aliens in the films because they are not organic living beings.

If David were to sink into the black slime together with an alien and the biomechanical being was formed out of it, it would at least still be understandable in the context of Prometheus.

I'm sure it would involve him using the goo on himself in some fashion, but I wholly believe that to have been his endgame.

BlueMarsalis79

In spite of a plot point in Prometheus being that his immunity allowed him to use Charlie Holloway as a test subject, and the crew at large generally,  to see what the stuff does?

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 09, 2024, 10:04:30 AMIn spite of a plot point in Prometheus being that his immunity allowed him to use Charlie Holloway as a test subject, and the crew at large generally,  to see what the stuff does?

Funnily enough, the 26 Draconis Strain can affect synthetics as well and turn them into biomechanoid Abominations, and even Perfected.

BlueMarsalis79

Not only do I sttongly dislike the strain concept itself, I feel that in particular just comes across as nonsensical.

SiL

Prometheus wasn't consistent on a lot of things but David touching goo with no effect was preeeeetty clear.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 09, 2024, 10:09:44 AMNot only do I sttongly dislike the strain concept itself, I feel that in particular just comes across as nonsensical.

How so? It's like any pathogen or virus; it evolves and mutates, and can be tampered with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed