None design changes, it's perfectly as it is
7 (21.9%)
Slight design changes but none too drastic
21 (65.6%)
Major design Changes are ok with me
4 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author
What do you think about a xenomorph redesign (Read 5,713 times)

SM

Best bit.

Kradan

That's some Blomkamp shit right there

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 14, 2024, 05:01:17 PM
Quote from: SM on May 14, 2024, 02:51:30 AMThat's some Gibson shit right there.

Indeed... but then it'd have to be a two way street... if the Queen continues to undergo metamorphosis, then why shouldn't Ripley 8? Imagine some of the cool and grotesque imagery we could get as Ripley first goes full 'reproduction mode' as per Sil from 'Species', and then goes on to develop an egg sack 🤣

Despite it running counter to Riply 8's (thin, kinda flimsy) arc in Resurrection about reembracing humanity, this is something I've long said I'd be genuinely intrigued to see. Even if it's just some sort of implication that that is out there, in the post-Resurrection portion of the timeline.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: razeak on May 15, 2024, 03:09:25 AMI think they should try quality, original writing instead of a redesign lol.

The design was perfect once....in 1979.

Aliens messed the hands up, but excellent.

Alien 3 design was excellent too, though it could have been less fleshy.

It's all hot garbage until Covenant, but suffers from a few issues.
I mostly agree with this, I do like Aliens hands, but I can understand Where you're coming from. Kind of wonder What it would've looked like if they kept the hands from the original.

I do agree with alien 3 That it was an Excellent design, just needed To be a little more biomechanical like this fan art

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Eh nah, neck aside I love how different the Runner actually looks;

MetalAlien

I prefer the design from part 1 and part 2.. but that's just me.

SiL

That Fireteam model's head is such a hatchet job on the design.

razeak

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah although I like the curve on the dome reminiscent of the original Alien.

I really like the Runner and the Drone,  the Warrior just does not do it for me the same honestly.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: razeak on May 24, 2024, 01:22:52 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on May 24, 2024, 12:36:09 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 23, 2024, 10:18:18 PMEh nah, neck aside I love how different the Runner actually looks;

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/055/797/154/small/lucas-st-martin-xeno-runner-lp-textured.jpg?1667779730https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/071/976/509/small/tamas-kerti-alien-runner-realtime-10.jpg?1706352271https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/071/976/504/small/tamas-kerti-alien-runner-realtime-09.jpg?1706352268https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/071/976/489/small/tamas-kerti-alien-runner-realtime-04.jpg?1706352249
I can understand that, though I do prefer the fan art the one we got ain't that bad to have.

how do you guys feel about drastic redesign for that are like Godzilla 1998 (I not speaking bad about them, but just giving a examples)
no because I'm afraid it will stick, like the garbage that infected everything after 3.
So you dislike it. what do you think about the idea of itself? Not whether if it sticks with a franchise, just the general thought about it.

SiL

We've more or less had that with the AR designs.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2024, 02:09:14 AMWe've more or less had that with the AR designs.
Not exactly. I was talking more in the lines of a total rework of the xenomorph

SM

What would a "total rework" look like?

If it's total, then it stops looking like an Alien.

SiL

'Zilla was still recognisable as Godzilla, just applied to a more updated idea of what a dinosaur looked like than the OG upright Godzilla.

Similarly, the AR Aliens are recognisable as Aliens, but with significant modifications to their posture, detail, head size and shape, etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed