Alien: Romulus to be released theatrically on Aug. 16, 2024

Started by Gimitko, Jun 13, 2023, 03:49:16 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus to be released theatrically on Aug. 16, 2024 (Read 30,450 times)

Jim Lawrence

Jim Lawrence

The way this first artwork looks to me is marginal at best. Sure do miss the art of Giger. I am very curious as to what they are going to do with this film. I'm hoping for the best fearing the worst.

bobby brown

Awesome, however... Is a year from now enough time to finish a satisfying Post-production? They haven't even completed filming?

Necronomicon II

Have several pairs of underwear ready. 

SiL

Quote from: bobby brown on Jun 13, 2023, 08:21:28 PMAwesome, however... Is a year from now enough time to finish a satisfying Post-production? They haven't even completed filming?
Plenty of time.

littlesprout

That's good to hear! Prey should have been in theaters too, probably would have gotten a bit of a budget increase too. Rain or shine with these films everyone wants to see the monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 13, 2023, 07:50:15 PMhttps://twitter.com/FANGORIA/status/1668666055445868544

QuoteÁlvarez, who co-wrote the film with Evil Dead's Rodo Sayagues, is an excellent choice for this particular project, and I can tell you that the off-the-record scuttlebutt on this one is strong. All signs point to Álvarez going HAM on this entry of the Alien franchise; believe me when I say that some of the things I've been told about the production will make Xeno superfans very happy, indeed.

Perhaps worth mentioning that Scott Wampler, who wrote this article, is very big on the prequel films.

The words he writes here are correct. From the things I've seen and learned about this production tells me we are in for a treat as fans. Especially with the creature effects. Can't wait for everyone to see the wonderful things I can't talk about.

Xeno_from_Chino

Xeno_from_Chino

In space no one can hear you scream.........how bad this movie may be.

Necronomicon II

There's one thing in particular I hope stays under wraps until release that will send this place into nuclear levels of giddiness.

BlueMarsalis79

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Alvarez has a sick, dark yet juicy mind so yes.  ;D

Honestly he should've been given the keys a long time ago IMO.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Jim Lawrence on Jun 13, 2023, 08:09:30 PMThe way this first artwork looks to me is marginal at best. Sure do miss the art of Giger. I am very curious as to what they are going to do with this film. I'm hoping for the best fearing the worst.

The artwork we used for the post is not from Romulus, but rather was an Empire Magazine cover for Covenant.

kwisatz

kwisatz

It's all nothing if the writing suxx arse tho

PsyKore

It's a pretty bold move to put it in theatres. I wish all the best.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jun 14, 2023, 02:33:27 AMAlvarez has a sick, dark yet juicy mind so yes.  ;D

Honestly he should've been given the keys a long time ago IMO.

My mind keeps going back to this quote from March 2022, when the movie was first announced:

QuoteAccording to sources, Álvarez is a rabid fan of the franchise and casually pitched a take to Scott many years ago. The idea remained implanted in Scott's brain until late last year, when he called Álvarez out of the blue and asked him if he was still up for it. Álvarez didn't have to be asked twice.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/alien-movie-fede-alvarez-20th-century-studios-1235037155/

It really is sounding like there could be a very real chance of making good on the promises of the potential of this pitch.

Necronomicon II

Everything will make sense in good time.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed