Alien Day 2023

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 20, 2023, 01:34:32 PM

Author
Alien Day 2023 (Read 19,882 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

A facehugger (or two) stowing away on the Sulaco and making its/their way to the cryo tubes would make more sense than the magic egg appearing in a part of the ship that the Queen never actually had access to.

Fincher never actually wanted the egg shot either, if I recall correctly. I think that came along during some pickups.

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

Maybe the next Aliens anthology (if we get one) will include a story about how the Sulaco had been sabotaged by someone at W-Y who placed the egg on board in a funky upside down position?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 24, 2023, 04:17:16 PMA facehugger (or two) stowing away on the Sulaco and making its/their way to the cryo tubes would make more sense than the magic egg appearing in a part of the ship that the Queen never actually had access to.

Fincher never actually wanted the egg shot either, if I recall correctly. I think that came along during some pickups.

You do recall correctly.

Stitch

Stitch

My shift has been cancelled, so I think I might try to catch the Alien/Aliens double bill at my local cinema.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 24, 2023, 04:55:40 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 24, 2023, 04:17:16 PMA facehugger (or two) stowing away on the Sulaco and making its/their way to the cryo tubes would make more sense than the magic egg appearing in a part of the ship that the Queen never actually had access to.

You do recall correctly.
Would have been easy to just remove that shot from the "Special Edition", but they did not touch the scenes before the EEV landing for some reason.

SiL

SiL

The entire credit sequence was a late addition. Originally they just crashed.

Removing just the egg shot creates a problem with the timing of the credits. They would need to edit a completely new credit sequence.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Or you need to replace that shot specifically with something else like, a shot of space, funny situation because I love how moody it is but it is hard to deny the film would be better off without that opening altogether.

SiL

SiL

We've already had our space shots.

I threw in a shot of the Sulaco hangar recoloured to match Alien 3. Worked well enough. But yeeting the intercuts and just having credits, then straight to crash is the best option I think.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Apr 25, 2023, 11:24:44 AMWe've already had our space shots.

I threw in a shot of the Sulaco hangar recoloured to match Alien 3. Worked well enough. But yeeting the intercuts and just having credits, then straight to crash is the best option I think.

Yeah that's basically what I was trying to say, no matter what you could replace that specific shot with, the bare minimum would be better.

Because of Bishop's dialogue later, and for various other reasons.

SiL

SiL

Really you either want to cut the Alien completely before it gets Clemens OR significantly reduce Ripley's investigation and completely ditch the Bishop "revelation" so everyone gets on the same page sooner.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

How long between the funeral and Clemens' death roughly?

Kradan

Kradan

I've never been particularly bothered by the fact we know of the creature before the characters do

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think you lose too much if you cut out the Alien stuff between the funeral and Clemens' death myself.

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: TomT on Mar 21, 2023, 10:39:05 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2023, 09:41:33 AMI'd suspected you were just here looking for trouble anyway, but now I know. Let's quit it with the trolling and the baiting. It's very explicitly a rule here that we're not interested in that.
I'm not trolling or baiting, Corporal, I just want to dilute "just consoome and don't ask questions" forum attitude with a bit "ask questions" and "demand better" diversity of thought. Imagine if SW Celebration showed some fan posters and called it a day, this lineup is an equalent of that. Now I'm sure the forum was excited as hell about AvP: Requiem and would be incredibly excited about Uwe Boll directing Alien movie or new mobile game instead of real game.
alien day even at its height is never as big as Star Wars celebration so kinda a false equlent. I would say alien day is more like may the 4th but I digress

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Cavity Colors put out their full AVP collection on their site.

Not crazy about all the designs. But I'm gonna pick up that shirt with Celtic and Grid for sure, and thinking about the sweatpants too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed