Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 152,860 times)

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 21, 2024, 12:45:04 PMThe lasers in Predators was one of the worst deception I have ever saw.
And the red corridor from Covenant's trailer 🥲

SiL

SiL

Was that just for the trailer or was it actually made as part of the film but cut?

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: SiL on May 21, 2024, 01:27:41 PMWas that just for the trailer or was it actually made as part of the film but cut?
I would like to know that too. Maybe there's a lot of cut content that we don't known

Nightmare Asylum

The Covenant one doesn't really bother me. Yeah, we don't see that specific shot in the movie (and it's a great shot, so I would have loved to have seen it in the film proper), but what it's selling me on is "Alien gets on board ship," which does happen in the movie. It isn't really comparable to the Predators situation in my opinion.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 21, 2024, 03:00:28 PMThe Covenant one doesn't really bother me. Yeah, we don't see that specific shot in the movie (and it's a great shot, so I would have loved to have seen it in the film proper), but what it's selling me on is "Alien gets on board ship," which does happen in the movie. It isn't really comparable to the Predators situation in my opinion.

It's like the shot of the Roberts family appearing in the trailers for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; it's a minor detail that doesn't affect the plot when excised.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SiL on May 21, 2024, 01:27:41 PMWas that just for the trailer or was it actually made as part of the film but cut?

I've often wondered this myself... it *feels* like it belongs in the scene where they seal the doors on it, and we get a partial point of view shot from the alien's perspective in the red corridor which abruptly cuts.

Since it's something that was planned for the unfilmed airlock scene with Parker in 'Alien' (I'm sure it was storyboarded, or did I dream seeing that @SM ? The xeno leaping wall to wall?) I assumed during the trailer that was Ridley finally putting that scene to film (which isn't a stretch, given they are attempting to force the alien towards the airlock) I was disappointed not to see it in the movie. 😅

SiL

SiL

There was quite a lot of stuff of Daniel's on the ship used in advertising that wasn't in the movie; I wonder if that was also marketing.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SiL on May 21, 2024, 09:34:27 PMThere was quite a lot of stuff of Daniel's on the ship used in advertising that wasn't in the movie; I wonder if that was also marketing.

Quite possibly; the '4 meters above you' scene was one of them (I actually believed it to be a cut scene until I recently revisited that trailer)

It'd be nice to get a look at storyboards for covenant. 😃

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Found them; this is the one I meant - the top left image was what I was reminded of when initially seeing the trailer for Covenant :-)

It looks to depict the xeno on the back left wall, and then leaping to the front right of the shot as it jumps /runs towards the camera (at least that how I always saw it)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

@Corporal Hicks I got a notification that you quoted me in this thread this morning, but when I go to "view" I get this message:

QuoteThe topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you

I can still access this board/thread but don't see your quote in it. Not sure if you had a question?

Nightmare Asylum

I think the Fandango stuff getting split off from this thread, but some of the messages in the new split off thread still using this thread's name from when they originally lived here, is confusing the system a bit.

Corporal Hicks

Coolertonic7

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 21, 2024, 03:00:28 PMThe Covenant one doesn't really bother me. Yeah, we don't see that specific shot in the movie (and it's a great shot, so I would have loved to have seen it in the film proper), but what it's selling me on is "Alien gets on board ship," which does happen in the movie. It isn't really comparable to the Predators situation in my opinion.
Honestly, if the targeting laser scene in the movie was exactly like the one in the trailer, it would have probably been the dumbest scene in the movie. Unless it was a cliffhanger at the end of the movie, it's inclusion in the movie would have made the survival of the characters really far-fetched.

Also, why would a 100 predators need to point all there plasma caster's at one guy, when the movie already showed one predator obliterate Laurence Fishburne with a single bast.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Coolertonic7 on May 23, 2024, 12:01:25 AM
Honestly, if the targeting laser scene in the movie was exactly like the one in the trailer, it would have probably been the dumbest scene in the movie. Unless it was a cliffhanger at the end of the movie, it's inclusion in the movie would have made the survival of the characters really far-fetched.

Also, why would a 100 predators need to point all there plasma caster's at one guy, when the movie already showed one predator obliterate Laurence Fishburne with a single bast.

I think that the propose of that shot of the laser scene was say "look, we have plenty of predators now"

Nightmare Asylum

It's silly/dumb for sure, but I could have bought it as Royce stumbling upon the whole clan of Predators (a la Harrigan at the end of Predator 2) and them all pointing their plasmacasters at him as an intimidation move before revealing themselves.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed