Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 152,963 times)

Cosmic Incubation

Romulus is the only film in general I'm like chomping at the bit to see this year tbh.

I'll definitely be going for Furiosa, and most likely end up checking out Deadpool and maybe A Quiet Place.

As far as other general film releases, I am looking forward to Longlegs, Robert Eggers' Nosferatu, and maybe that Toxic Avenger remake if it actually gets put out this year (or at all).

Cosmic Incubation

Oh, and Terrifier 3 of course

BigDaddyJohn

Furiosa and Romulus of course. A Quiet Place, maybe.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Longlegs has serious potential and I'm mega-hyped for it. The teasers and trailer today are perfect and show very little of the plot/spoilers... you don't even see Nicholas Cages' face and you hear his voice but it's all distorted and has this rasp to it, very eery. Hopefully the full Romulus trailer goes a similar route.

Speaking of which, I believe today's Longlegs trailer was the first full trailer and that is in cinema a month before Romulus. That would mean middle of June if it's the same for Romulus. I suppose it's a bigger movie/known IP so it would make sense to hype it earlier but I'm starting to think we won't get it with Furiosa like I had originally believed because as as I'm aware they have not rated any trailer for Romulus and that's just a couple days away.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Both Prometheus' and Covenant's final trailers were released 2 months and 3 weeks prior to the movie release. If those are anything indication, I'm guessing we'd see the final trailer in around a week.

The Cruentus

I wonder what will be missing from the movie though.

I mean I get trailers should be as spoilerless as reasonably possible, but that should not mean removing scenes from a movie or adding things in a trailer that was never going to be in the movie.
Its a form of deception. 
In that covenant trailer, we had that Alien jumping from wall to wall, which was not in the movie at all.

BigDaddyJohn

That's almost always the case indeed. I could do without the "hommage" shots we saw earlier (Rain with a guy holding the pre-pulse rifle etc)...

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 21, 2024, 10:59:28 AMI wonder what will be missing from the movie though.

I mean I get trailers should be as spoilerless as reasonably possible, but that should not mean removing scenes from a movie or adding things in a trailer that was never going to be in the movie.
Its a form of deception. 
In that covenant trailer, we had that Alien jumping from wall to wall, which was not in the movie at all.

I really hate when that happens 😅 I found it frustrating. With Prometheus happened the same

SiL

SiL

It's not always a form of deception; it's often just scenes getting cut after the trailer is edited.

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 21, 2024, 10:59:28 AMI wonder what will be missing from the movie though.

Its a form of deception. 

The original T2 endoskeleton factory teaser is the greatest movie ad ever made, and it was an entire scene created just to be that and not meant to be in the film. I wish this was more the standard.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 21, 2024, 12:12:16 PM

Its a form of deception. 

The original T2 endoskeleton factory teaser is the greatest movie ad ever made, and it was an entire scene created just to be that and not meant to be in the film. I wish this was more the standard.

Yeah, that was meant to just be a teaser to it and not lead people into thinking that was going to be in the movie.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 21, 2024, 12:12:16 PMThe original T2 endoskeleton factory teaser is the greatest movie ad ever made, and it was an entire scene created just to be that and not meant to be in the film. I wish this was more the standard.
Stuff like that used to be fairly common, and I kind of wish I'd been alive when it was. Hitchcock did it a lot. Even Alien's iconic floating, cracking egg is an example.

These days we often just get shitty lies like the 30,000 laser targets on Royce in the Predators trailer.

Nightmare Asylum

I don't mind deleted scenes/alt. takes winding up in trailers. Like SiL said, sometimes that's just a byproduct of things getting cut later in post-. Other times, it's just for the sake of editing the trailer and using a variation that's timed a bit better to the trailer's pacing than what's in the film. That happens with alternate line deliveries a lot.

What I do mind is footage being actually manipulated to sell something that just straight up isn't part of the film and was never intended to be so:

I'm ok with the opposite, though, when stuff is doctored out of footage in order to preserve a reveal from the film, like so:

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: SiL on May 21, 2024, 12:07:45 PMIt's not always a form of deception; it's often just scenes getting cut after the trailer is edited.
Yes, I know. But sometimes there's scenes or shots that you may like and they doesn't appears in the final cut. It may sound stupid but I really wanted the Janek line of "Prometheus has landed" when the ship arrives to LV 223 😂

BigDaddyJohn

The lasers in Predators was one of the worst deception I have ever saw.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed