Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 152,112 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Not sure if it still holds this record, but at the time of release it was the biggest premiere on Hulu ever, and I've seen ongoing discussion about it spread very wide beyond the web of the Alien/Predator fandom in other places I visit online (and in person).

Highland

Highland

Prey , while really really good, doesn't have a lot of tension in it (for me). That and the creature design of the original can never be topped.

Personally I put Prey third, I really rate Predator 2, it's like my "Alien 3"

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 19, 2024, 12:58:13 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on May 18, 2024, 11:45:35 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 17, 2024, 01:14:06 PMIt is when people imply that just being on this site means we all have to be drones that will go see the movie in cinema. not all fans are sheep.

This 100%.

There is a clear distinction between being a consumerist fanboy and a fan.  I fall squarely into the latter category. There's not a chance in hell that I'll be going to the cinema to watch this movie, especially given that the trailer/promo shots are indicating 'member berries crap, coupled with this being a Disney production and there not having been a decent Alien movie since Alien 3. I'll check the movie out once there are quality HD rips on the Bay, but not until then.

Likewise, those of us who are genuinely looking forward to seeing the movie and are excited by what we have seen and heard from the marketing so far do not all fall into the category of "consumerist fanboys". Honestly, the 'True Fan TM' bullshit is getting old now. If people don't want to see the movie (whether that be in cinema, or at all, be it for reasons that you simply aren't interested, it hasn't grabbed you, on ethical grounds, or whatever) that's perfectly fine, more power to you guys! I was exactly the same with 'The Predator'- it did nothing for me, I didn't go to cinema nor buy it on physical media, and found it was even worse than expected when I finally saw a download. I get it. This fandom is incredibly diverse, and different elements of the movies speak to each of us. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But this constant suggestion (whether intended or not) that anyone and everyone who is genuinely excited and looking forward to this movie are somehow mindless drones/ sheep / consuming fanboys / lack critical thinking etc etc (have I missed any from past comments?) is just getting tiresome.. this is the Romulus catch all thread, we're coming here for updates/scoops/news that may be shared along with thoughts/theories/insights on those bits of info... and as someone pointed out earlier, they scrolled through 5 pages during the course of half a football match to read absolutely nothing but off-topic squabbling.

There are no "fanboys" here... we are *all* fans.

Why did you cut out my clarification of "and shades of grey in between"?

Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 19, 2024, 10:50:27 AMI have faith in Fede. He seems to have more respect for the material rather than just being a frothing fan boy like Paul Anderson was.

Im quietly confident. Not expecting anything original or spectacular, but I'm sure it will be a solid entry.

People had faith in Shane Black too. Lots of "In Shane Black we trust" comments in the run up to the release of The Predator...

razeak

razeak

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 19, 2024, 01:34:55 PMEveryone moved on dude, why stir the pot?
Apologies. I had clicked the alert and didn't realize I was 3 or 4 pages behind.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I can see why people had faith in Shane Black. I did too. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Nice Guys are great and Iron Man 3 is one of more interesting installments to come out of the MCU. And that's only covering the stuff he directed...

Shame about the piece of shit the movie ended up being.

As for Fede, he's one for two with me. I really love his Evil Dead, and I don't like Don't Breathe. Really like what I've seen/heard about Romulus so far, though, and I love his whole mindset that he's been revealing over the course of the interviews he's given over the last few months. I'm optimistic.

SiL

SiL

People also had faith in Scott before Prometheus came out and boy did that turn out fine.

I have faith Fede will make some nice, tense, nasty scenes. Anything above that is a bonus.

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 20, 2024, 02:22:21 AMI can see why people had faith in Shane Black. I did too. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Nice Guys are great and Iron Man 3 is one of more interesting installments to come out of the MCU. And that's only covering the stuff he directed...

Shame about the piece of shit the movie ended up being.

As for Fede, he's one for two with me. I really love his Evil Dead, and I don't like Don't Breathe. Really like what I've seen/heard about Romulus so far, though, and I love his whole mindset that he's been revealing over the course of the interviews he's given over the last few months. I'm optimistic.
Nothing Shane Black has ever directed ever made me think this guy would be good for a Predator film.
Neill Blomkamp however, would be perfect in my eyes.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

So far I like what little we've seen. I have checked the leakss...everything is fine over there as well, nothing serious.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 20, 2024, 03:45:14 AMNothing Shane Black has ever directed ever made me think this guy would be good for a Predator film.

I'd rather see Danny Boyle do one.  A cross between 28 Days Later and Sunshine.  Bonus points if he gets Cillian Murphy to star in it.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 20, 2024, 12:50:57 AMWhy did you cut out my clarification of "and shades of grey in between"?

You know that everyone can see when you have edited your comment, and what time you did it, right? It's right there at the top of your post. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 congrats on not only making yourself look like a complete and utter tool, but letting everyone know you are also a liar. At least everyone else here who had differences of opinion with one another had the balls to stand by their opinions/words, and didn't pretend anyone was manipulating your posts when using the quote button. This is a new level of low. 🤣

SiL

SiL

The time stamps seem to show he'd edited his post almost 50 minutes before you replied, unless I'm missing something.

Corporal Hicks

Right, that's enough of the TrueFan/"consumerism fanboy"/whatever discussion in here. We're all fans and we express it in our ways, based on our circumstances and mentalities at the time. And we should not presume to know those situations in the people we're talking to. No one kind of fan is better than the other. But we can be better people than others and that's in the way we discuss these issues and how considerate and aware we are of the people we're communicating with.

So, please, be the better people and stop antagonizing each other and insulting the way other fans may choose to express their fandom. It genuinely saddens me to see discourse like this, and I expect better of everyone on here.

Any further discussion on the matter will be removed. It's unnecessary and not the point of this thread.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2024, 07:26:43 AMThe time stamps seem to show he'd edited his post almost 50 minutes before you replied, unless I'm missing something.

It's showing that on mine too 😡

@Corporal Hicks can you please check the the comments /edits on your end and confirm that there wasn't any comment manipulation took place on my part when clicking "quote", and that my edits were only for typos and to add "we are all fans here"

I don't care about anyone's stupid squabbles on whether they are or aren't seeing the movie (I've even attempted  to get the thread back on Romulus chat with Romulus discussion) but I'm absolutely NOT having someone edit their comments and then pretend-"call me out" for something I have not done. When I clicked quote, I quoted the message in full. I won't be made out to be a liar for people's dumb-ass arguments, and right now the timestamps are indeed supporting the offender. 😡

Corporal Hicks

Sorry Acid_Reign, I'm afraid we don't have logs to show that kind of thing. But I'd ask you rise above and leave it at that. I don't want to start derailing the thread over a different kind of people's behavior.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2024, 04:04:05 AM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 20, 2024, 03:45:14 AMNothing Shane Black has ever directed ever made me think this guy would be good for a Predator film.

I'd rather see Danny Boyle do one.  A cross between 28 Days Later and Sunshine.  Bonus points if he gets Cillian Murphy to star in it.

Choose a Plasma Caster, choose a Net Gun, choose a f**king big Spear, choose waking up in a jungle on a Tuesday morning not knowing where the f**k you are.

*Dance music

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed