Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 154,854 times)

razeak

razeak

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on May 11, 2024, 02:36:29 PMDid Fede Alvarez take inspiration from one of Giger's paintings for this shot?

NSFW

Spoiler
[close]
sure looks like it.

Scott Conover

Quote from: Kradan on May 11, 2024, 02:10:37 PMI can live with AVP 2004 being part of the canon. But Requiem ...

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-07-2018/qMJTds.gif

In my head AvP movies were always canon to the predator series, not the aliens series. That shit just don't stick.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Scott Conover on May 12, 2024, 12:14:07 PM
Quote from: Kradan on May 11, 2024, 02:10:37 PMI can live with AVP 2004 being part of the canon. But Requiem ...

In my head AvP movies were always canon to the predator series, not the aliens series. That shit just don't stick.

That's how I see it aswell.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Scott Conover on May 12, 2024, 12:14:07 PM

I think that the official Alien canon also doesn't count the AvP movies, but the Predator canon it does

Slutty Badger

Quote from: aliens13 on May 12, 2024, 08:50:18 PMI think that the official Alien canon also doesn't count the AvP movies, but the Predator canon it does

Nope! Alien, Predator, and AVP are three separate continuities.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Must be why AvP stuff keeps showing up in Predator films.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

To be fair, I'd rather AvP, AvPR, Predators and The Predator not be canon to *anything* and be nothing more than mindless popcorn flicks 🤣

In my head, Alien canon is;

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

Predator canon is;

Predator
Predator 2
Prey

Pathogen canon;

Prometheus
Alien Covenant
Alien
(Potentially) Alien Romulus * (has the potential to fit into Alien canon too depending on how heavy Prometheus is referenced / if can be passed off as a nod)
Aliens
Alien 3

Everything else is expanded universe, whether considered fun, good, or bad

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 12, 2024, 09:21:33 PMTo be fair, I'd rather AvP, AvPR, Predators and The Predator not be canon to *anything* and be nothing more than mindless popcorn flicks 🤣

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

Predator canon is;

Predator
Predator 2
Prey

Pathogen canon;

Prometheus
Alien Covenant
Alien
(Potentially) Alien Romulus * (has the potential to fit into Alien canon too depending on how heavy Prometheus is referenced / if can be passed off as a nod)
Aliens
Alien 3

Where da f**k is Resurrection ?

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 12, 2024, 10:45:10 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 12, 2024, 09:21:33 PMTo be fair, I'd rather AvP, AvPR, Predators and The Predator not be canon to *anything* and be nothing more than mindless popcorn flicks 🤣

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

Predator canon is;

Predator
Predator 2
Prey

Pathogen canon;

Prometheus
Alien Covenant
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

In his trash can I think 😅

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 12, 2024, 10:45:10 PM

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

Predator canon is;

Predator
Predator 2
Prey

Pathogen canon;

Prometheus
Alien Covenant
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

In expanded universe... I enjoy it, in the same way I enjoy a Dark Horse / Marvel Aliens comic, it's fun, got rewatch value (hell, I know it word for word like all the others) but it's not in the same league as the original trilogy, nor does it have the same atmosphere. It'll always be a live action comic book to me. And that's ok, I still love it... but it'll never stand alongside the Alien Trilogy.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

SiL

SiL

There's a film that belongs in the bin. Take Resurrection out to make room.

BigDaddyJohn

I agree Covenant should take it's place  ;D

426Buddy

426Buddy

I would dump Prometheus before Covenant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed