Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 139,269 times)

aliens13

aliens13

SiL

SiL

razeak

razeak

Ok. 38 years since the last great film. It's all been downhill since.

Kradan

SiL

SiL

However to be fair and honest, years since a film was made with excellent craftsmanship: 7.

BlueMarsalis79

32, I have spoken.

SiL

SiL

Like the cinematography, music, set design, and effects work hasn't been top notch the whole way though.

Local Trouble

Or the writing.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 11, 2024, 09:24:49 AMOr the writing.
That's been the problem for 38 years.

But the artistry used to execute those awful scripts has been top notch in the main series.

Slutty Badger

No Alien film has ever been bad. I stand by that.

So, yeah. Pressure's on, Romulus.

BigDaddyJohn

I even dare say 27 years. So what bitches ?  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

I'd say that Prometheus isn't a good movie. I like it, I find it fascinating conceptually, it's very nice looking... but it's also an absolute mess at both the script level and in its final edit, and it doesn't have any excuses for being like that the way that Alien 3 does.

I wouldn't trade Prometheus in, I'm happy that it exists and I remain endlessly intrigued by it, but it's the one out of six in the series that I am unable to bring myself to actually call good. Thankfully, it coasts by on interesting, which is a lot more than the worst movie of most franchises can claim.

Unless we count the AVPs as part of the Alien series, then the worst movies of the lot are both bad AND uninteresting...

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 11, 2024, 12:13:48 PMUnless we count the AVPs as part of the Alien series

WE DON'T!

Kradan

Kradan

I can live with AVP 2004 being part of the canon. But Requiem ...

Quote from: Slutty Badger on May 11, 2024, 11:51:33 AMNo Alien film has ever been bad. I stand by that.

So, yeah. Pressure's on, Romulus.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Did Fede Alvarez take inspiration from one of Giger's paintings for this shot?

NSFW

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed