Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 140,267 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 05, 2024, 11:11:36 PMI really don't understand all these microscopic nitpicks.
Are you new here?

The Cruentus

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 05, 2024, 11:11:36 PMI really don't understand all these microscopic nitpicks.

Because people just want to see a good old fashioned true to form alien movie without black goo, unnecessary new designs, characters that exist to fill the "too dumb to live" horror trope.

Unfortunately that all seems to be too much to ask....

We haven't had a biomech alien since alien 3 and even then it was trimmed down/altered.
I'm wondering if fox/disney doesn't have the rights to giger's design since they don't want to do the easiest thing to make a good start for fans and bring it back.

cockroach

cockroach

So when do we find out the official trailers attached to Kingdom of the apes?
Deadpool and wolvie is too close august. So this would be 20th century's best opportunity?

SiL

SiL

Has the trailer been rated yet?

Nightmare Asylum

Nope, no rating yet that I've seen, which tells me that we won't be seeing it with Kingdom. We'd surely have heard something by now if it was going to be attached to that one, since we're just days away from release now.

My gut still tells me that we could be seeing something with Furiosa at the end of the month, unless they do want to hold out 'til much closer to release with Deadpool & Wolverine.

cockroach

cockroach

Oh yeah forgot about furiousa 🤞🏻

Nightmare Asylum

Meanwhile, I haven't stopped thinking about Furiosa. :laugh:

Feeds On Minds

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 07, 2024, 04:54:00 PM

Because people just want to see a good old fashioned true to form alien movie without black goo, unnecessary new designs, characters that exist to fill the "too dumb to live" horror trope.

We haven't had a biomech alien since alien 3 and even then it was trimmed down/altered.
I'm wondering if fox/disney doesn't have the rights to giger's design since they don't want to do the easiest thing to make a good start for fans and bring it back.

I wouldn't characterized anything you listed as "microscopic nitpicks"
I'm talking about the complaining about the color of the Alien's gums, or the tendons on its face etc.

SiL

SiL

The thing's mouth gets more screen time than any of it, the design decisions there are hardly microscopic.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2024, 11:36:27 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 06:33:09 PMI say 600 Million. Been a while since a Alien film.
Prometheus didn't even do those numbers with the return of Ridley Scott, after no Alien films for 15 years, and it was the highest grossing of the films.

We shall see. If I am right I expect a facehugger mask. :D

BigDaddyJohn

I don't see it reaching 300 million to be honest.

Rookiie

Rookiie

Wasn't sure about Cailee Spaeny at first, but she was good in civil war. Fingers crossed.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 07, 2024, 04:54:00 PM

I agree 100. This series did start to tank in the 90s. We are what....32 years since the last decent flick. We are DUE.

Nightmare Asylum

7 years. :)

SiL

SiL

38 years :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed