Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 137,349 times)

BigDaddyJohn

I have the feeling no one will survive this movie anyways...

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: cucuchu on Apr 30, 2024, 02:54:28 PMIt's kind of hard to judge how this will factor into plot economics since we don't know the run-time of the movie but I'm all for it if adds to the world-building. It also really needs to sets the stage for what is at stake & incentivizing them to venture out to an abandoned research station in the first place which would add weight to the impact of the success or failure of the mission.

I appreciate that Fede really does not want to overexpose the film prior to release and feel that some viral marketing dealing with the JACKSON colony could of been a nice way to satiate our desire for information without showing any of the actual film. Something like an in-universe promotional video soliciting volunteers for the JACKSON colony. Maybe an interview with a colonist 20 years prior to Romulus, where there happens to be a very, very slight flicker in the sky in the corner, barely visible & no attention drawn to it, that may or may not be the Nostromo blowing up (assuming the colony has been there a while and I this takes place in the same star system as Alien). Just ideas of course, but these things cost money. But if sets are already built, why not?

I love this idea, but viral marketing's not the giant it used to be. It's not likely we get anything like that.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 30, 2024, 05:48:12 PMI have the feeling no one will survive this movie anyways...
Nobody should survive in this movie, it will be inconsistent with the main series if anyone survives

MudButt

MudButt

New image courtesy of USA Today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/movies/2024/04/29/best-movies-summer-2024/73406776007/

QuoteDirector Fede Alvarez ("Don't Breathe") crafts the latest chapter of the sci-fi horror franchise, a chiller that stars Cailee Spaeny, Isabela Merced and David Jonsson as space colonizers who come across an abandoned space station and are terrorized by freaky Facehuggers as well as a fearsome Xenomorph.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MudButt on Apr 30, 2024, 07:57:06 PMNew image courtesy of USA Today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/movies/2024/04/29/best-movies-summer-2024/73406776007/

QuoteDirector Fede Alvarez ("Don't Breathe") crafts the latest chapter of the sci-fi horror franchise, a chiller that stars Cailee Spaeny, Isabela Merced and David Jonsson as space colonizers who come across an abandoned space station and are terrorized by freaky Facehuggers as well as a fearsome Xenomorph.

https://www.usatoday.com/gcdn/authoring/authoring-images/2024/04/25/USAT/73459188007-alien-romulus.jpg?width=1320&height=690&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Ok yeah, absolutely love that.

[cancerblack]

Can see the cracked dome better this time.

BigDaddyJohn

The f**ker is smokey, as if he came out of a cryo chamber. And it's funny how they keep alluding to a singular xenomorph. Maybe there's only one before
Spoiler
the big bad mutant.
[close]

D8TNCracka

D8TNCracka

Can't help but notice in these photos we are seeing that the new Xenos head almost seems to have an indentation that runs up the center of it's 'forehead'... Kinda looks like the tip of a penis... seriously. lol I mean it looks kinda cool, and it would be something different.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah i'm starting to believe
Spoiler
Big Chap
[close]
will only be in the beginning. Not super enthused about the
Spoiler
mutant
[close]

irn

irn

Quote from: MudButt on Apr 30, 2024, 07:57:06 PMNew image courtesy of USA Today.

https://www.usatoday.com/gcdn/authoring/authoring-images/2024/04/25/USAT/73459188007-alien-romulus.jpg?width=1320&height=690&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Loving the look of that.

Slutty Badger

The damaged dome reminds me of the Raven from ACM.

Do we really want to remember that?

Nightmare Asylum

I have zero recollection of what a Raven even is.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 30, 2024, 08:58:14 PMI have zero recollection of what a Raven even is.

Here ya go.

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 30, 2024, 08:20:53 PMThe f**ker is smokey, as if he came out of a cryo chamber. And it's funny how they keep alluding to a singular xenomorph. Maybe there's only one before
Spoiler
the big bad mutant.
[close]

Great...it's going to be Resurrection all over again. Booooo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed