Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 159,556 times)

Local Trouble

I'm okay with Big Chap regenerating, but not "evolving."  Just stop with that shit, please.  Let me bask in the original design for at least one more movie before "fixing" it.

Immortan Jonesy

I want the original Alien design back for once too, not another deconstructed version of the creature.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 16, 2024, 05:01:09 PMI'm okay with Big Chap regenerating, but not "evolving."  Just stop with that shit, please.  Let me bask in the original design for at least one more movie before "fixing" it.

When i meant regenerating/evolving, i didn't necessarily meant into a bigger and badder Xeno.

I was more along the lines of referring to some sort of adaptation to what it previously hurt it, "the damaged elements" that it sustained from the Narcissus, which would give him a slight redesign that showed some sort of improvement.

It could be a cool way to show a new and unique characteristic of the Pefect Organism.

Kind of like DC Comics's Doomsday and his regenaration and adaptability, but more toned down and grounded, since we don't need the Xeno to become a DC supervillain.

Nightmare Asylum

I forget exactly where he said it (I want to say it was in the Alien: Covenant commentary, but it could have been an interview), but Ridley stated that he believes that the Alien that was defeated by Daniels with the crane over Planet 4 would have eventually regrown lost limbs.

Taking that train of thought into mind, it would make perfect sense that modern day Ridley would be totally on board with Big Chap regenerating/healing.

Hell, even the Hammerpedes in Prometheus regenerate from their wounds.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 16, 2024, 05:45:01 PMTaking that train of thought into mind, it would make perfect sense that modern day Ridley would be totally on board with Big Chap regenerating/healing.

Also, the fact that Romulus pitch was something that stayed in his mind after all these years is important too.

Fede's movie is set between Alien and Aliens, so in order for Ridley Scott to feel like it was worth doing, it gives more evidence to this movie being more connected to his movie than James Cameron's.

The Big Chap return would be one heck of connection to his first movie.

Mike’s Monsters

I'll say the practical puppet I saw in person at the effect studio had some damage/scarring. The footage I've seen I couldn't see any of that scarring on the puppet. So I'm not entirely sure the full execution yet and how close to final the footage was (very unlikely it's close to final at all). Thought we would have a "hero" xenomorph that was easily identifiable, like Grid in AvP, yet the footage just looked like a clean, nondamaged xeno. That's not to say there won't be digital replacements that I haven't seen yet from the early footage.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 16, 2024, 05:59:38 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 16, 2024, 05:45:01 PMTaking that train of thought into mind, it would make perfect sense that modern day Ridley would be totally on board with Big Chap regenerating/healing.

Also, the fact that Romulus pitch was something that stayed in his mind after all these years is important too.

Fede's movie is set between Alien and Aliens, so in order for Ridley Scott to feel like it was worth doing, it gives more evidence to this movie being more connected to his movie than James Cameron's.

The Big Chap return would be one heck of connection to his first movie.

In addition to Ridley's formal producing role, we do know that Jimbo has chatted/consulted with Fede about the film as well in some capacity.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 16, 2024, 05:45:01 PMI forget exactly where he said it (I want to say it was in the Alien: Covenant commentary, but it could have been an interview), but Ridley stated that he believes that the Alien that was defeated by Daniels with the crane over Planet 4 would have eventually regrown lost limbs.

Yeah, it was in the director's commentary during that scene.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 16, 2024, 06:01:35 PMI'll say the practical puppet I saw in person at the effect studio had some damage/scarring. The footage I've seen I couldn't see any of that scarring on the puppet. So I'm not entirely sure the full execution yet and how close to final the footage was (very unlikely it's close to final at all). Thought we would have a "hero" xenomorph that was easily identifiable, like Grid in AvP, yet the footage just looked like a clean, nondamaged xeno. That's not to say there won't be digital replacements that I haven't seen yet from the early footage.

Could definitely see some digital replacements being used for scarring in a situation like that (with what's on the puppet there for reference more than actual practical use), but only time will tell, I guess!

Mike’s Monsters

Yeah, the odd thing was the puppet had scarring, and what I saw from the film didn't. So take that what you will.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 16, 2024, 06:48:03 PMYeah, the odd thing was the puppet had scarring, and what I saw from the film didn't. So take that what you will.

Maybe it's multiple Xenos.

Maybe "Big Chap/Scarred Xeno" succeeded in creating a new hive in the Romulus space station, which lead to a new Xeno being born.

I think it would be cool to have a twist like Isolation, where the audience (and the characters) think that there is only one Xeno running around, until we learn there is one more.

Mike’s Monsters

I mean, I've seen it all. So I know exactly what's going on.

:-X

Local Trouble

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 16, 2024, 06:57:05 PMI mean, I've seen it all. So I know exactly what's going on.

Ever been to a Portuguese basement?

Mike’s Monsters

More times than I'd like to admit...

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 16, 2024, 07:01:54 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 16, 2024, 06:57:05 PMI mean, I've seen it all. So I know exactly what's going on.

Ever been to a Portuguese basement?

One of these days, Mike is going to find himself seeing the beautiful Lisbon sky through the window of a dirty basement.

And i'll say, "Was it worth it?".

To which Mike will respond with, "Maybe...".

Cue Linkin Park.

WHAT I'VE DONE!!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed