Had a few queries on the new Prey film

Started by frasermaxx, Aug 08, 2022, 11:12:32 AM

Author
Had a few queries on the new Prey film (Read 3,392 times)

Kradan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 08, 2022, 12:20:07 PMYeah doesn't feel contrived to me either.

What's the difference who the predator gets if from? Were we expecting the gun to stay with the same person from creation to being passed to Greyback?

I did lol

The Shuriken

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2022, 11:17:01 AMThere's more story to come after it. How Greyback gets the pistol from Naru.

Ok with your comment and the end credits showing more ships coming, that's total sequel bait right?

Corporal Hicks

It could easily serve as sequel bait if they wanted it to. But I kinda like the idea of just leaving it at that.

BigDaddyJohn

Me too, I don't feel the need for it.

marrerom

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2022, 11:17:01 AMThere was actually some Silvestri hidden in there. Was very smart in the way it handled actually!

Where was this?

Corporal Hicks

Listen to the strings.

https://youtu.be/oXnAxydhZ8M?t=68

426Buddy

Love it

The Shuriken

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2022, 05:39:43 AMIt could easily serve as sequel bait if they wanted it to. But I kinda like the idea of just leaving it at that.

They definitely won't leave it at that though. I don't think so. The movie is an overall hit critically. I can't say anything about commercially though, I'm not sure in what way Prey is supposed to be profitable.

But Naru is well liked. There's easily another story to tell with her as Warchief and how Greyback obtains the pistol. Which...should be won in combat against Naru IMO. But I can see her gifting it to him after some team up.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2022, 05:39:43 AMIt could easily serve as sequel bait if they wanted it to. But I kinda like the idea of just leaving it at that.

Agreed completely. Let the three Predator ships arriving in the credits stay as is, as a sort of coda to the film. We get the gist.

I want to see Predator move into a new era again after this.

Crazy Rich

I think PREY is better off ending where it is now, I'd rather see more new stuff.

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah I'd be fine with new period pieces.

The Shuriken

I have an inquiry myself. Near the end when Feral throws the razor net on one of the trappers, it looks to just attach to the log. But in the bottom there's like a reel in device pulling the net down. But I did not see where that came from. Can anyone explain?

BigDaddyJohn

It was the thing Feral threw, deploying in the air before hitting the trapper.

The Shuriken

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 11, 2022, 02:04:47 PMIt was the thing Feral threw, deploying in the air before hitting the trapper.

See that's what is confusing me. When Feral throws the net, I can't see what resembles the device on the bottom of the log. It looks practically spread open (the net), as soon as he throws it. And then it looks like it just attaches to the sides of thr log, rather than fold around and reassemble at the bottom.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed