Had a few queries on the new Prey film

Started by frasermaxx, Aug 08, 2022, 11:12:32 AM

Author
Had a few queries on the new Prey film (Read 3,382 times)

frasermaxx

Overall I really enjoyed the movie, including the new predator design (could have been improved a bit) but it is what it is. Score was beautiful but a little bit of Alan Silvestri's cues could've been incorporated in creative ways.

On to the questions:
- The Feral Predator smells some dust when he encounters the French trappers (Does anyone know what is it?). In that very scene the finger nails on the predators right had appear sharp and fingers skinny rather than blunt nails and sausage like fingers.

- How do the French Trappers know of the Predators existence?

- Did Naru break the Predators tusk to escape when she was caught in-between the rock and the predators shield (the scene was very fast:))

I also don't think the flintlock pistol belonged to the guy who gave it to Naru. There must be more to it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: frasermaxx on Aug 08, 2022, 11:12:32 AMlittle bit of Alan Silvestri's cues could've been incorporated in creative ways.

There was actually some Silvestri hidden in there. Was very smart in the way it handled actually!

Quote from: frasermaxx on Aug 08, 2022, 11:12:32 AMThe Feral Predator smells some dust when he encounters the French trappers (Does anyone know what is it?). In that very scene the finger nails on the predators right had appear sharp and fingers skinny rather than blunt nails and sausage like fingers.

It was ash. Presumably from after the trappers had burnt down the area for the trap.

Quote from: frasermaxx on Aug 08, 2022, 11:12:32 AMHow do the French Trappers know of the Predators existence?

We don't know. But we don't really need to know.

Quote from: frasermaxx on Aug 08, 2022, 11:12:32 AMDid Naru break the Predators tusk to escape when she was caught in-between the rock and the predators shield (the scene was very fast:))

She did.

Quote from: frasermaxx on Aug 08, 2022, 11:12:32 AMI also don't think the flintlock pistol belonged to the guy who gave it to Naru. There must be more to it.

There's more story to come after it. How Greyback gets the pistol from Naru.

olapaulakoski

I just assumed the ash was from a Forrest fire, Forrest fires were more common back then and also good for the Forrest giving it nutrients.

I just think the ash Forrest was just a other part of details from the historical part of the setting of 1700s.

Kradan

Kradan

Ash also messed with cloaking

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2022, 11:17:01 AM
Quote from: frasermaxx on Aug 08, 2022, 11:12:32 AMI also don't think the flintlock pistol belonged to the guy who gave it to Naru. There must be more to it.

There's more story to come after it. How Greyback gets the pistol from Naru.

Don't like that at all tbh. Feels like a twist for the sake of one: "Oh, you thought Greyback got the flintlock from pirates ? WRONG, he got it from Indians !"

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 08, 2022, 11:37:10 AMDon't like that at all tbh. Feels like a twist for the sake of one: "Oh, you thought Greyback got the flintlock from pirates ? WRONG, he got it from Indians !"

Can't say I had any issue with it. I was expecting a retcon of 1718 from the moment we saw early 1700s as the date. It being pirates or comanche was neither here or there for me.

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2022, 11:48:17 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 08, 2022, 11:37:10 AMDon't like that at all tbh. Feels like a twist for the sake of one: "Oh, you thought Greyback got the flintlock from pirates ? WRONG, he got it from Indians !"

Can't say I had any issue with it. I was expecting a retcon of 1718 from the moment we saw early 1700s as the date. It being pirates or comanche was neither here or there for me.

Yeah I agree, only reason you think Pirates is the 1718 comic and that was never going to be canon. Personally I'm not even a fan of that comic, even though the art is good.

Kradan

Even disregarding the comic, does name "Raphael Adolini" sounds Indian to anybody else ?

426Buddy

Sounds like the name of the french guy the pistol came from.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah lol

Kradan

For me Greyback somehow getting a French guy's flintlock from Indians is just a bit too contrived

BlueMarsalis79

I like Prey WAY more, than I ever liked... that comic. It does not come across as contrived to me personally, items in real life go on weirder journeys.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah doesn't feel contrived to me either.

What's the difference who the predator gets if from? Were we expecting the gun to stay with the same person from creation to being passed to Greyback?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 08, 2022, 12:13:09 PMFor me Greyback somehow getting a French guy's flintlock from Indians is just a bit too contrived

I mean it's not what folk expected - whether you read the comic or not because I supposed for a lot of folk musket = pirate - but I don't think it makes it particularly contrived. Raphael is the French spelling of the name so it works out.

Highland

Naru could feature again ( unlikely, but still....). That would give more significance to the pistol.

That Easter Egg I think is not just a nod to P2, it's perhaps the director leaving a loose end if his movie is a hit ( which it is).

frasermaxx

Maybe, just maybe in the sequel if its still set with the Comanche, 2 Different feuding factions of predator species arrive and one could later side with Naru in defeating the other/s and then acquire the flintlock pistol from Naru, who knows the possibilities are endless.

I read somewhere they might even do the sequel in ancient Japan with feuding Samurais. Predator as a concept can do well very well in different locations and settings.

I was also thinking of, what if the predator gets dropped in Africa imagine a fight with a male African lion on the Serengeti plains...rocking!!:)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed