Prey Critic Review Thread

Started by Darkness, Aug 03, 2022, 03:09:39 PM

Author
Prey Critic Review Thread (Read 40,355 times)

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

It's fantastic. So chuffed.

Wantagoodpredmovie

Wantagoodpredmovie

95% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes for "Prey", I think that's the best rated Predator movie of any kind:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/prey_2022

gabgrave

gabgrave

A friend said it's good, safe but still wholesome. It doesn't test the boundaries like the last film.

goose_3387

goose_3387

So good seeing so many positive reviews.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The number of f**kwits online still insisting this film is shit even though they haven't watched it and it's getting good reviews from everyone who has :laugh:

germanator2

germanator2

So where did PREY succeed that Predator 2 didn't? Base on the reviews, a common thing I'm seeing is that this is very much back to the basics of the first film, which is great, but granted, even in the city, P2 has a similar plot structure and film beats from the first. Let's be honest, Predator is really a film you can tell once because there's no longer a mystery and the more you try and expand on the lore, the less interesting that mystery is. If Predator 2 were released today, how would contemporary reviews look based on the same.ones reviewing PREY??

SiL

SiL

Probably in having a story that actually goes somewhere and a protagonist that actually develops, rather than a lot of stuff happening very loudly and then ending somewhat anticlimactically.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: SiL on Aug 04, 2022, 10:06:09 AMProbably in having a story that actually goes somewhere and a protagonist that actually develops, rather than a lot of stuff happening very loudly and then ending somewhat anticlimactically.
Not only does Harrigan not develop, he even wears the same clothes throughout the movie. I remember James Cameron making a point that he likes to develop his characters both ways, and they often swap clothes about the midpoint in the movie.

SiL

SiL

He wears a suit at one point!

Compare to how Dutch develops through Predator and it's not hard to see why P2 falls flat. So much fun, but so lacking in substance.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: SiL on Aug 04, 2022, 11:10:48 AMHe wears a suit at one point!

Compare to how Dutch develops through Predator and it's not hard to see why P2 falls flat. So much fun, but so lacking in substance.
I think he wears a suit and a tactical vest at different points, but it's still on the same sweat-trenched shirt, pants, and shoes.

SiL

SiL

Yeah that's going to haunt me on my next watch. Story even takes place over several days, like geez.

PredatorvsAliens

PredatorvsAliens

predator 2 is a classic,
so underrated.

SiL

SiL

I dunno, did they need to cast Danny Glover? Felt like stunt casting for woke points.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Aug 04, 2022, 11:27:48 AMYeah that's going to haunt me on my next watch. Story even takes place over several days, like geez.

Have you considered the fact that he's such a dedicated cop he just owns multiple copies of the same outfit, so he doesn't expend precious investigative brain cells deciding what to wear each morning?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 04, 2022, 11:36:27 AMHave you considered the fact that he's such a dedicated cop he just owns multiple copies of the same outfit, so he doesn't expend precious investigative brain cells deciding what to wear each morning?
We never see his home so I'm open to the possibility he lives in one set of clothes in his car.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed