What is your learning disability?

Started by CanadianHero67, Oct 07, 2007, 07:40:08 PM

Author
What is your learning disability? (Read 4,131 times)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: sweeteyes on Dec 11, 2007, 11:38:38 PM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 11, 2007, 11:36:12 PM
I forget things, my memory is sometimes good and then sometimes bad.

yeh...thats corse of too many knocks on the head during kickboxing!! :(

Lord knows.

Munkeywrench

Quote from: Thedus on Oct 07, 2007, 07:57:14 PM
I have a difficult time processing certain types of information, as a result I have a hard time retaining some knowledge.

I have this same problem I did ok in science but I was terrible in math and english. They say it has something to do with my physical disability as I said before I have muscular distrophy which I thought only affected muscles but I guess it affects my brain too Idk.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

What makes these disabilities worse is that most people don't understand them or don't want to understand them.

Corporal Hicks

I think I've developed number dislexia, if that's possible? I'm starting to misread stuff on the tills at work.

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2007, 09:36:52 AM
I think I've developed number dislexia, if that's possible? I'm starting to misread stuff on the tills at work.

maybe you need glasses??...ever thought of that??...

and no im not being mean....

MartyPredator

dslexia
meh i dont know how to spell it
basicly im shit at english
cant spell...just read basic...and speach is going down hill :(

Deadly Lotus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2007, 09:36:52 AM

i might have that, it's a Bass-turd, my tutors in college say i am just giving up on things, but i know what my problem is, my problem is probably Dyscalculia(dyslexia with numbers)... but all i need is to be tested and no one has bothered to test me...

for example, when i was in school, the Tutors knew i was struggling in maths even in the simplest areas did i get help no, i didn't cause they were to busy helping the higher lever students. did i get help? no i didn't...the worst thing was i got a U in my maths Mock(practice exam) exam...yet i had no help t all...
it sucks...

Resurrection

I get really messed up with order.  Like when someone reads something off to me.  It's hard for me to remember and I have to write it down.  Other than I don't have any other learning disabilities.

Der_Meister

I get bored easily an I rather seep then learn

Resurrection

Quote from: Der_Meister on Dec 12, 2007, 09:35:13 PM
I get bored easily an I rather seep then learn

I don't believe that's a learning disability.  That's just laziness. :o 

I'm the same way, BTW..

Deadly Lotus

does manic depression count?

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

I know this topic has been long dead but I thought it would be better to continue this one rather than start a new one. Because I have a class I have in high school called Learning Strategies I have more insight on my disorder.

Quote from: Huol on Oct 08, 2007, 04:48:48 PM
I'm horribly shit at maths like Elitepredator.  :-\
I am shit at math too. ;)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 08, 2007, 04:52:59 PM
I thought autism was just when you had no social skills?
It affects your social and communication skills.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 08, 2007, 05:19:05 PM
Then I'm not sure why Cloaked friends would be surprised. Autistic kids are generally rather smart.
Well actually they are smarter at somes things but not so smart at other things, I have seen it myself in school. Communication and social skills are important for learning. There are many smart ones but there are probably more who are not because their parents do not have the money for the help they need because it is very exspensive. My parents sacrificed a lot to get me help. In Ontario alone there are about 70,000 people with ASD that most of the public isn't even aware of.

I find this website to be a helpful guide to what autism is.
http://www.autismontario.com/Client/ASO/ao.nsf/web/ASD+An+Overview

Deathbearer

not sure if it's a "disability" but sometimes I zone out or stop paying attention..maybe I have ADD..I doubt it though the way I focus on video games and stuff

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I get piss off too easy but I really have no disability.

Jango1201

I'm bipolar thats about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed