Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 158,225 times)

Kradan

Kradan

It just something that doesn't bother me despite not being entirely realistic

SiL

SiL

Arnie pins a guy to a post by throwing a knife through his chest in Predator, let's not pull the "is physically impossibly!" card.

Master

Master

Quote from: SiL on Sep 12, 2022, 07:13:01 PMArnie pins a guy to a post by throwing a knife through his chest in Predator, let's not pull the "is physically impossibly!" card.

There is a difference between over the top and stupid. Most of the stupid scenes are still in Predators, but Prey also has few.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Didn't bother me in the slightest.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Master on Sep 12, 2022, 06:54:21 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 12, 2022, 04:08:16 PM
Quote from: Master on Sep 12, 2022, 06:13:37 AMRipping a mandible with bare hand was so dumb. Probably dumbest scene of whole film and that final fight had some of those.

True, it's not like we got a scene showing it getting hit or something to make sense on why it was so easy to rip out
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/999743833388613682/1018915624933666816/unknown.png?width=770&height=676

Dude I'm a doctor. I cut tissue, saw tissue on daily basis. Trust me I know what I'm talking about. Even if it's broken (the bone) I would be almost impossible to just tear it off. Not by a human, not with bare hands. Predatory animal have those bigass jaws and claws for a reason. Bones, skin and muscle are tough material. It's not farfetched conclusion that those of Predator are even stronger.
Ain't no way you will complain about this when we see Predators literally ripping spines off with the intact skull attached to their head in almost every movie in this franchise

Master

Master

Predator is much stronger then any man.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

If you are a doctor you also know that a mandible, like our own one, will not actually be attached by bone to the skull or even cartilage, especially with the articulation the Predators show it is obvious they are segmented into several pieces.

It is probably more comparable to tearing a finger apart, that already suffered pretty severe damage, or the claw of a crab if we are going crustacean instead of mammalian in terms of biology.

Totally doable.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Master on Sep 12, 2022, 08:03:17 PMPredator is much stronger then any man.
And? A spine wouldn't come clean off someone's back, much less with just the skull with nothing attached to it

Master

Master

Predator is alien creature and what it represents is impossible. I don't have problem with it, otherwise I wouldn't like those films. Also how it is presented doesn't bother me (cuting out and ripping spine for the DEAD body by superhuman strenght). The other way around it looks stupid.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 12, 2022, 08:05:25 PMIf you are a doctor you also know that a mandible, like our own one, will not actually be attached by bone to the skull or even cartilage, especially with the articulation the Predators show it is obvious they are segmented into several pieces.

It is probably more comparable to tearing a finger apart, that already suffered pretty severe damage, or the claw of a crab if we are going crustacean instead of mammalian in terms of biology.

Totally doable.

Finger analogy is probably closest as Predator also do have jaw very much like our own. I can totally believe braking or dislocating would be possible. Tearing apart?  Hardly.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

A human being could tear off another human being's finger, especially when already damaged, you can not deny that because it's true.

Master

Master

Cut it off sure, bite it off yeah. I haven't ever seen finger ripped off by hand. Not saying it's entirely impossible. I'd say it's hardly possible.

exorcissy72

exorcissy72

I mean, I can understand if this moment pulled you out of the movie. But the Predator franchise subscribes to action movie tropes over realism 100% of the time, I think viewing these movies through a more realistic lens sets them up to just be nitpicked to death.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think Prey takes the franchise tonally to a more naturalist realistic place than ever before.

Master

Master

Quote from: exorcissy72 on Sep 12, 2022, 09:13:29 PMI mean, I can understand if this moment pulled you out of the movie. But the Predator franchise subscribes to action movie tropes over realism 100% of the time, I think viewing these movies through a more realistic lens sets them up to just be nitpicked to death.

Yeah you are right. It doesn't  break the movie for me (I do like Prey)  but is so random, at first viewing I didn't noticed what really happened.
Talking about dumb stuff Predators has the most scenes that pull me out of experience.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 12, 2022, 09:18:36 PMI think Prey takes the franchise tonally to a more naturalist realistic place than ever before.

Yes and no. It unnecessarily overcomplicates many scenes.

SiL

SiL

There's the same sense of heightened reality in Prey as in the first movie. The French fur trappers are the same level of over the top scenery chewing as the Jamaicans.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed