Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2022, 08:03:14 PM

Author
Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced (Read 41,126 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Appreciate they were able to involve the Sigourney, the Star of the Alien Quartet, honestly Sigourney Weaver's reprisal of Ripley in the 2nd film is the best, her performance and character's story arc in that movie is the pinnacle of the series in my opinion.

Have a mix impression when it comes to fans that are unwilling to support a component for the franchise affecting its success sending a message to the higher ups on a corporate level diminishing chances of us being provided more, it is your right though to choose not to. "Quality has to be maintained and if whatever's provided comes across of a Rip Off I can understand some fans Hesitation to relinquish their money."

Then theres the whole gate keeping whether your a true fan or not, we can respect each others choice whether or not you chose to participate, there's gonna be various opinions and point of views and there's unlikely to be a flat out consensus among all of them, such as whether you consider Alien 3 and Resurrection in your headcanon or if you stop watching after AlienS ignoring what came after, or if you acknowledge Ridley Scott's Prequels or not, and overall if you think the franchise should just stop or if it's in a healthy status so far and has a potential positive future, The perspectives will vary.

I may check out this documentary to see why it entails. Come 2026 AlienS will be at its 40th anniversary and I'm eager to see what that year will bring commemorating the legacy.

SiL

This isn't an official documentary, it's a glorified fan documentary. Not supporting its exorbitant cost doesn't really signal anything to the "higher ups" except to maybe gauge what fair market prices are.

SM

And people using True Fan here are being ironic - mocking one of AE producers who insinuated that only True Fans are paying exorbitant prices for a fan doco.

xShadowFoxX

Woo! Still not buying it.

Prez

FWIW I would love to own a copy of this but the fact remains, $75AUD for a digital copy is extremely expensive and given I'd prefer the physical copy that's upwards of $150AUD for a disc and some nice extra bits, I have zero guilt calling the pricing out.

Also on the 'True Fan' argument. Reminds me of similar debates when it comes to supporting big Football clubs (local fans vs overseas fans).

Summary: We're all fans. End of.

SM

Does anyone know what format the digital copy is? Wasn't that long ago yous could access digital copies when you bought blu-rays for services that are now defunct.  Think I had one for Fury Road.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on May 10, 2024, 09:07:05 AMThis isn't an official documentary, it's a glorified fan documentary. Not supporting its exorbitant cost doesn't really signal anything to the "higher ups" except to maybe gauge what fair market prices are.

Gauge and then gouge.

Local Trouble

I can't wait for the first confirmed purchase of it here.  We'll finally have a True Fan™ among us.

SiL

Hicks contributed ages ago.

Local Trouble

Really?  Well, now I feel like Jimmy in Goodfellas when Tommy was about to get made.

SM

I think a lot of people contribued. There were a zillion annoying'promotions' on Alien Facebook pages.

KiramidHead

Thankfully their YouTube promotions are mainly shorts now, which are easier to ignore and don't clutter my subscription page.

razeak

Wow I just now went to the shop and $100 for the Blu-ray and no digital copy even with the digital copy this is ridiculous for a documentary even a 4-hour one. Go watch Robo-Doc on Amazon prime it's amazing and it's about 4 hours.

KiramidHead

I spent less money on the Never Sleep Again/Crystal Lake Memories combo pack and those are loooooong docs.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 11, 2024, 12:38:06 AMI can't wait for the first confirmed purchase of it here.  We'll finally have a True Fan™ among us.

Does this mean you are going to buy it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed