biomech and the xenomorph biology

Started by acrediblesource, Mar 17, 2022, 06:53:40 PM

Author
biomech and the xenomorph biology (Read 1,889 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Is there a clear and present idea why the xenomorph presents it's biomech appearence?

Is it the artificial extreme environments or artificial gravity of spacestations that does this?
Look at Convenant and Prometheus, the xenomorphs who were birthed and living on land looked more muscular and smooth.
While all the other films set on LVX being rather hostile environments might trigger some  biological evolution or hidden genes that trigger. NOTE: Alien3's eggs were set on a ship before it crashed and pregged a cow.

And could it trigger an evolution if they moved from one environment to another? I would love to see this explored.

Nightmare Asylum

So God created mankind in his own image...

acrediblesource

Praise Sol!

St_Eddie

Pretty obvious where Ridley was going with the prequels; David is the Space Jockey from the original film and the bio-mechanical elements of the creature were due to a facehugger impregnating an android.

Local Trouble

And a non-zero percentage of the fandom actually wants to see that come to fruition.

Nightmare Asylum

I don't want it per say but... I an intrigued enough to see how it would played out, if it were to come down to that. I'm still not 100% sold on the "David becomes the Space Jockey" thing as Ridley's intent, but it is in his wheelhouse, and it is fun to mess with Hicks about it. ;)

The only thing that is explicitly clear is that the "mechanical" part of the traditional "bio-mechanical" Alien was not yet there in Covenant because David's work was not yet complete/perfected.

BlueMarsalis79

An interesting narrative in of itself, but not "the narrative" I prefer.

NoStyleDutch

NoStyleDutch

Being born of a machine though is the only reason that makes " sense" for the biomechanical traits. Imo

At least with how the series stands now.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 17, 2022, 10:14:44 PM
Pretty obvious where Ridley was going with the prequels; David is the Space Jockey from the original film and the bio-mechanical elements of the creature were due to a facehugger impregnating an android.

Kradan

Kradan

I want it so badly, just to see steam coming out of your ears !  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

Not necessarily a machine of our making though.

Kradan

Kradan

Huh, that can be interesting

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2022, 08:15:52 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 17, 2022, 10:14:44 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/QV5vp1BYenfCE/giphy.gif

I agree 100% but still it remains; it's obvious that's where Ridley Scott was taking things.  Heck, some of the earliest quotes from Ridley, where he was giving his plans for the prequel movies as a whole, was how he intended to connect to the original '79 film "through the back door".  It's obvious what he had up his sleeve.

Kailem

Kailem

It does feel like the "obvious twist" that we might have ended up seeing if Ridley had ever gotten to make a third prequel, but yeah it would have been terrible, not to mention make absolutely no sense. Androids aren't biologically alive, so frankly I don't see any way that you could get an audience to buy that it'd be possible to have an Alien gestate inside one after having so many movies showing us that they need living hosts to grow.

Otherwise if they didn't they'd be better off just facehugging a bunch of refrigerators or something. Way less hassle on everyone's part.

Immortan Jonesy

I think that the Alien inherited the biomechanical traits of the Derelict, which seem to be typical of Plagiarus praepotens. I mean given the fact that the vessel looks so organic, it could be a living machine that has a symbiotic connection with the jockey. And with that in mind; perhaps both, the pilot and the ship, are the same entity.

I guess I dig too much the living spaceship concept. Has anyone here ever seen Farscape?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed