Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film!

Started by MudButt, Mar 04, 2022, 10:06:48 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film! (Read 68,023 times)

Local Trouble

I wouldn't rule it out.

Immortan Jonesy

I need his review of The Batman 😶

Kailem

Yeah I never liked that Resurrection took place so far in the future compared to Alien 3, because it definitely felt like they threw out a lot of the world building of the original films only to replace it with......nothing that looked like it was that much more advanced than anything we'd seen before anyway.

Plus it makes you wonder what the hell the Company (or United Systems Military) were even doing that entire time if it took them two entire centuries for someone to finally say ".......so, cloning Ripley, then?" as their way of finally getting hold of an Alien.

But yeah I just think it'll more than likely be some contained, isolated story that doesn't even have to feature Weyland-Yutani in any capacity, nor even particularly explain where the Alien/s that are going to be in it come from. Just have some rock miners haul in a large meteor that has an egg on it or something, or some planet excavators dig into some cavern on a random planet and find a few in there. It's not like the original films ever gave us an answer to where the ones on the ship came from to begin with.

And yep, I also never bought the argument for not having any Alien films set fairly soon after Alien 3 because is meant Ripley's sacrifice was for nothing, when A) Alien 3 already makes everything Newt and Hicks went through in Aliens count for nothing, and B) one of the things a lot of people seem to like about that movie is that it's so bleak. Why not go "full bleak" then and say her sacrifice was for nothing? You can't get much bleaker than that!

I like the way the RPG is handling it where a few years after Alien 3 they're not so common that they're popping up on every planet now and the Company has all the Alien samples they could want, but they're certainly still out there.

Plus if you set it in that kind of time period, Alien Resurrection is still so far off that you could just make up whatever head canon you like about why there weren't any around anymore at that point in time that they felt the need to clone Ripley to get some. It's not something you'd even need to address.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 16, 2022, 09:27:54 PM

Did it carry on the tradition of Alien 3 cast members getting beaten up by Batman on roof tops?

Kradan

Kradan

I can't believe how long it took me to get that joke

BlueMarsalis79

AlienĀ³'s a hopeful film imo honestly, the sun does rise again in spite of everything that's just happened, it's just one that revels in how everything can just go sideways in life and often infuriatingly does even when you think you have accounted for every possibility.

judge death

Local trouble: do you have qoutes from SM saved down, ready to be posted on the forum? As you seem to always have one ready to be posted these days xD

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed!  :o

He's like a librarian who is not only providing us with information about SM posts, but also has them classified in sections and genres.

Local Trouble

Yes, I have a dusty old tome filled with SM quotes that I liberated from the Vatican archives.

Nightmare Asylum

Vatican archives? Are there tomes on the fabled Engineer Jesus in there?

Local Trouble

Yes, they're in the Apocrypha section.

NoStyleDutch

To me having a movie set between 3 and resurrection wouldn't go against her sacrifice. In Ripley's mind, it was saving everyone so her motive behind it means more to me than anything.

BlueMarsalis79

I'd rather it got set after Resurrection so something worth the time of day exists in that period, also I think it suits Fede Alvarez's sensibilities more honestly, in certain respects I expect a mix of Prometheus and the aforementioned in terms of miserable shock horror.

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 16, 2022, 09:36:21 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 16, 2022, 09:27:54 PM

Did it carry on the tradition of Alien 3 cast members getting beaten up by Batman on roof tops?
Technically isn't it the other way around? The guy got beaten up by Batman, and then Gotham PD shipped him off to Fiorina 161...

Some Old Dude

I'm not at all opposed to it being set post Alien 3. Ripley died preventing the company from ever getting it, and I don't expect this movie ends with the company getting it's samples.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed