Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 349,529 times)

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Preddie-nokas on Aug 29, 2022, 07:35:44 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 29, 2022, 04:35:13 PMBecause he got there likely by tracking his blood? We saw him follow it to his body, also, that was HIS game, HE caused that injury, as a hunter you are meant to finish off your game if you missed it and let it run off.

He also was running after Naru, she felt in trap because Feral was behind her, so why he didn't finish her ? By the logic, Feral should have finished his hunt.
Because that wasn't his game any longer, she fell to another hunter's trap, stealing someone else's game is not something you are allowed to do, even if you were chasing it beforehand.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 29, 2022, 04:35:13 PMBecause he got there likely by tracking his blood? We saw him follow it to his body, also, that was HIS game, HE caused that injury, as a hunter you are meant to finish off your game if you missed it and let it run off.

He also was running after Naru, she felt in trap because Feral was behind her, so why he didn't finish her ? By the logic, Feral should have finished his hunt.

He... he, tried... she was saved by taabe.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 29, 2022, 07:38:07 PM

he is talking about the moment where she gets caught in a bear trap

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 29, 2022, 07:37:28 PM

Because that wasn't his game any longer, she fell to another hunter's trap, stealing someone else's game is not something you are allowed to do, even if you were chasing it beforehand.

Oh, talking about the bear trap? Yea she was helpless at that moment. As Dutch would have said "no sport."

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 29, 2022, 07:39:05 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 29, 2022, 07:38:07 PM

he is talking about the moment where she gets caught in a bear trap
Yea I figured that out lol my bad

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SiL on Aug 29, 2022, 07:21:40 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 29, 2022, 01:25:39 PMPart of me wonders if the reason people are trying  so desperately to diminish this Predator  is because he was defeated by a woman.
This has powerful "you don't like it because you don't get it" energy. Leave the ad hominems at the door please.
I dunno Sil, it really does seem most people here actually don't get what is happening in the movie, sometimes on purpose too.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 29, 2022, 01:25:39 PMPart of me wonders if the reason people are trying  so desperately to diminish this Predator  is because he was defeated by a woman.
This has powerful "you don't like it because you don't get it" energy. Leave the ad hominems at the door please.

I don't mind people disliking the film. People spinning demonstrably false criticisms over and over again makes it feel like there is a different underlying issue though.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 29, 2022, 07:41:38 PM
I dunno Sil, it really does seem most people here actually don't get what is happening in the movie, sometimes on purpose too.

I hate to say it, but I agree. There's a lot of people who's only real complaint is that naru is a woman. I've seen lots of "Naru Sue" remarks, pretty much a dog whistle for sexism. And a lot of "pocohantas" jabs which is rooted in both sexism and racism. Most of this Has been at FB though.
Legitimate gripes are one thing; these are another. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those folks haven't even seen the movie for themselves either...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

[Remnant of a deleted discussion]

Worry not, people all over the world love the movie. As usual, the toxic fandom is a vocal minority blown out of proportion by the cybernetic echoes of the internet

EDIT which means social media, mostly FB and Twitter. Ya got that now?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Please cease all potentially hostile discussions

You all have zero (0) posts to comply

EDIT Okay so I did a little clean-up on the thread. I never want to see shit like this again. Otherwise warnings will be flying like 22" caliber bullets. Consider this the ONLY friendly warning about the matter

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"Aw Sir, this place is dead, whatever happened here I think we missed it."

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

As one of the few females here I can lend some perspective re male chauvinism and entitlement 😂 More prevalent on Facebook about this film than here however I must say. So many tears shed over little brown girl beat a handicapped Predator. 😂

Someone did however try to argue that their appearance was due to disability lmao Can't we just accept Feral is different than the others, you don't have to like him, but he's ostracised enough back home. He's a simple jerky maker and wine lover. 🍷

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Back on topic, I think?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Feral evolved to feed on different things than the other preds, we have an actual BTS reason behind his design, so it's completely fine imo

SiL

SiL

Just because there's a justification doesn't mean people have to like the outcome though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed