Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 346,499 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: hoffmanstokes on Aug 02, 2022, 06:25:43 AM
Quote from: Firestorm on Aug 01, 2022, 08:34:16 PMLike him or not Mr H has posted his review on YT and it's yet another thumbs up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewbt47NWlkM

bold moves calling Dane better than Ian Whyte

I agree with Mr H.

PredatorvsAliens

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 01, 2022, 10:42:43 PMThe comment section of that video is awful lol
"I was worried this was woke garbage!"
i mean it's a fair point to have
because most movies/tv does that now.
It's getting old, the characters are all the same..
can't fail, not growing as a character
they are just perfect from the start.

so i can understand those comments and honestly im happy to that it aint woke.
it's like a breath of fresh air for once.

SiL

SiL

No, they don't.

PredatorvsAliens

They do.

Spartansniper619

Quote from: PredatorvsAliens on Aug 02, 2022, 10:06:17 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 01, 2022, 10:42:43 PMThe comment section of that video is awful lol

Oh please... This whole "Woke panic" thingy is so pathetic, it's getting so far fetched tt's like reading a flat-earther spilling out his nonsens, it's exhausting, the problem is so deeply rooted it's depressing to read, really.

We all know this "Mary Sue" bullshit is just the new excuse to say "I'd rather have no woman in the lead role of my movie please I have no explanation I just think they're less capables than men in general". Someone dug up that "Mary Sue" term and now it's like the secret password to unlock socially acceptable mysoginy, I mean almost EVERY male lead role in either action/horor/adventure/scifi movie or else are already "Gary Stu", litteraly you would switch them with a woman and all sort of questions suddenly would pops out like : "how can she do that", "how is she not dead ?", "How can she use this *insert object or weapons*, while she's untrained ?", "that's not character growth, that's a shortcut" etc.

Like someone already said here, Ripley or Sarah Conor would immediatly be put in the "W0k3 Ag3nD4/ Mary Sue" if their movies where to come out today.

PredatorvsAliens

Quote from: Spartansniper619 on Aug 02, 2022, 10:34:17 AM
Quote from: PredatorvsAliens on Aug 02, 2022, 10:06:17 AM

Oh please... This whole "Woke panic" thingy is so pathetic, it's getting so far fetched tt's like reading a flat-earther spilling out his nonsens, it's exhausting, the problem is so deeply rooted it's depressing to read, really.

We all know this "Mary Sue" bullshit is just the new excuse to say "I'd rather have no woman in the lead role of my movie please I have no explanation I just think they're less capables than men in general". Someone dug up that "Mary Sue" term and now it's like the secret password to unlock socially acceptable mysoginy, I mean almost EVERY male lead role in either action/horor/adventure/scifi movie or else are already "Gary Stu", litteraly you would switch them with a woman and all sort of questions suddenly would pops out like : "how can she do that", "how is she not dead ?", "How can she use this *insert object or weapons*, while she's untrained ?", "that's not character growth, that's a shortcut" etc.

Like someone already said here, Ripley or Sarah Conor would immediatly be put in the "W0k3 Ag3nD4/ Mary Sue" if their movies where to come out today.
let's not take over the whole thread with this stuff
and lets get back on track.

SiL

SiL

Unfortunately this kind of thinking is so ingrained in the public discourse of the film talking about it IS on track.

Corporal Hicks

Alrighty, let's leave it be here. This isn't the thread for it.

SiL

SiL

Not trying to be difficult, but what  is the thread for it? Because it's endless and it will just keep coming up for the next couple of weeks/months.

BlueMarsalis79

Endlessly so...

Corporal Hicks

There isn't one really, but will allow it in the review thread as long as it's being done without making me want to scratch my eyeballs out.

SiL

SiL

God help you friend.

Master

Master

Ok. It's time. The ammount of new promo is just overwhelming.  See you after the premiere. Master signing off.

ace3g

ace3g

QuoteI would love to see Predator battle some Samurai. That would be pretty cool. That's a cool era; that's cool armor, and there's a high ceiling for artistic opportunity there I think.

-Dane

https://screenrant.com/prey-movie-predator-fight-samurai-idea-dane-diliegro/

https://twitter.com/scottderrickson/status/1554549349425758208

426Buddy

426Buddy

I haven't been spoiled on anything, last thing I watched was Ridgetop and Mike's impression video.

Excited to be going in mostly blind.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed