25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage

Started by Adam802, Mar 04, 2021, 05:01:48 PM

Author
25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage (Read 31,689 times)

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 07, 2021, 09:34:15 PM
I also think the films do support variation just not to the extent people sometimes entertain, take the one presented in AlienĀ³ for example, compared to the ones in Aliens and Alien it's not that large a distinction.

Even though it can come from two alternate animal hosts depending upon whether it's the Theatrical Edition or the Special Edition viewed it does not exhibit aspects of either one beyond the behaviour, it does not feature a canine or bovine skull or any other identifying features, beyond what may be either paws or hooves covered by humanoid hands and humanoid feet in either case.

The differences in appearance for the most part just amount to the absence of dorsal protrusions, purely organic parts intertwined with the biomechanical parts, and prioritization of the digitigrade over the plantigrade.

Thats very true. i dont mean ALL if the kenner variations are a for sure thing. like a large cat would still be a runner with maybe slight differences. and the gorilla would be a normal drone/warrior. but the snake and some of the hosts would be fairly accurate

Quote from: SM on Mar 07, 2021, 09:38:34 PM
Quote from: Vrastal on Mar 07, 2021, 09:16:22 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 07, 2021, 09:07:15 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 07, 2021, 01:06:55 PM
The Queen and Praetorian distinction falls along the same line as the Drone and Warrior distinction or the Runner and Defender distinction, whilst not truly necessary, it's not equatable to a whole new entity. Saying so's bad faith at best, good faith might be saying yes it's always a Queen, but it is rather ridiculous to say that you can not name or include it's immature form and mature form as we do for all the rest.

I don't even know what this 'Drone and Warrior distinction or the Runner and Defender distinction' is.

You can name it Gertrude if you like - it's still just a Queen.

giving a distinction to different stages of growth is important

Why is it important?

simplicity? fun? Giving it a name doesnt hurt anything. and in universe would be the same as us giving ants or bees caste names. it makes distinctions and roles  easier to do.

SM

SM

That doesn't sound terribly important though.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: SM on Mar 07, 2021, 09:44:11 PM
That doesn't sound terribly important though.

It may not be to you but to some people it might be.

id say making a distinction in worker/drone bees is important .

and it literally hurts no one

Jurassicvania

Jurassicvania

If it were a game based off the silly dumb Kenner Alien mini comics and toys, I would dance in excitement.   So its not being a dumb shooter that bugs me, its the art direction being such a wild departure. Unfortunately the designers seemed to reskin GOW when they should have reskinned Deadspace.

SM

SM

Is a worker bee a stage of being a drone bee?

BlueMarsalis79

Fairly accurate? I can not agree. Like I said before:

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 07, 2021, 04:09:26 AM
I totally understand and respect that perspective honestly, but if it is more action orientated I personally think for variety, one's better leaning into The Pathogen for that.

It can affect beings not large enough for the Egg and Facehugger to be effective for one example.

Either killing them immediately, or turning them into an acidic bomb or, it can turn them into a exponentially larger hybrid with Neomorphic qualities. Or with Pods and Motes birth a Neomorph from them.

Hatemorph

Hatemorph

It's kinda sad, I'm really not excited about this. It looks repetitive and feels like an early Xbox 360 game.
Maybe it's the bad taste of A:CM left. I've got my fingers crossed.

Vers

Vers

Quote from: Hatemorph on Mar 08, 2021, 03:05:46 AM
It's kinda sad, I'm really not excited about this. It looks repetitive and feels like an early Xbox 360 game.
Maybe it's the bad taste of A:CM left. I've got my fingers crossed.

I feel the opposite. This game isn't fighting the authenticity that A:CM attempted to with story,  and it isn't being spun up with hype the way Gearbox had done. Demo was what it was, and while I too worry about repetiveness and lack of content, it's a Colonial Marine game and that's awesome! I've been waiting for a new one for so long. It's also a class-based third person shooter game, which sets it a part from the traditional FPS (though, I love these), and I'm excited to give it a try for better or worse.

Lastly, we should be getting this game soon, we aren't waiting 5 years to be let down if it really does come to it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Colonial Marines tempered expectations for this, but it doesnt look terrible.

Kind of like Division with Aliens in it. 

The good/bad thing about those kind of games is that there are constantly seasons added to it with new story content, so even if the initial campaign is short, it just keeps going until enough assets are improved to release a second game a couple of years later. 

It definitely looks lots more polished than ACM and finally seems to just flat out abandon trying to tie anything into Acheron for once. 

SM

SM

At least storywise.

Visually it looks just like the colony again.

Gunp578

Gunp578

No.
Xou can keep talking and you will not get my money.

SM

SM

I don't care too much for money.

Drukathi

Drukathi

I don't think he's talking to you.

It seems that this is a random "no" sent to the game/developer.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Pretty game. It seems tailor-made for those gamers who felt emasculated by Alien Isolation.

I'm gonna play that game again, instead.  :)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 08, 2021, 01:27:13 PM
Pretty game. It seems tailor-made for those gamers who felt emasculated by Alien Isolation.

I'm gonna play that game again, instead.  :)

Gamers felt emasculated by Alien Isolation?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed