EA College Football is coming back!

Started by Local Trouble, Feb 03, 2021, 12:47:19 AM

Author
EA College Football is coming back! (Read 6,969 times)

Local Trouble

Do you have a 3090 yet?

razeak

razeak

No, but I have a 2600 for Pitfall lol.

Local Trouble

razeak

razeak

Lol.  Now the Mothra comment made sense. Derp on me. They literally cheered when Mothra attacked.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Because of course they did.  That's why you should buy that shirt and wear it proudly.

Kimarhi

I've heard that they aren't getting all the Div 1 schools in this first year because of licensing.  UKY was rumored to be one of the schools out.  But this seems like they might've got it figured out.

Regardless I am excited.  I actually played 14 quite a bit earlier in the year.  Randomly picked NMST as my starting school as a jump off point...........but instead turned them into quadruple champions after my third year as coach. 

I also could school everybody I played in the Army with those games.  Literally, nobody beat me.  I have a perfect record.  And made probably a thousand dollars on bets.  That probably has more to do with level of competition and alcohol than anything else, but still. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 30, 2022, 09:08:59 PMI also could school everybody I played in the Army with those games.  Literally, nobody beat me.  I have a perfect record.  And made probably a thousand dollars on bets.  That probably has more to do with level of competition and alcohol than anything else, but still. 

I always picture you playing it on a console in a dusty tent in the middle of some foreign desert with the constant noise of helicopters and NCOs barking orders outside.

Did you buy a PS5 yet?

Kimarhi

My sister bought me one for Christmas when they first came out.  I wasn't really worried about it, but she kept searching around until she found one.  So yessir I'm good to go. 

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 31, 2022, 04:19:41 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 30, 2022, 09:08:59 PMI also could school everybody I played in the Army with those games.  Literally, nobody beat me.  I have a perfect record.  And made probably a thousand dollars on bets.  That probably has more to do with level of competition and alcohol than anything else, but still. 

That is pretty accurate.  We were protecting AF jets though, so you have to throw in the afterburner sound which is loud as hell.  And then picture me taking fools money five or six bucks at a time. 

I always picture you playing it on a console in a dusty tent in the middle of some foreign desert with the constant noise of helicopters and NCOs barking orders outside.

Did you buy a PS5 yet?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

@Local Trouble, you know what this game needs?

Spoiler
[close]

Local Trouble

Kimarhi

I'll get it even without Notre Dame and some schools in it.  Notre Dame already played itself out of championship this year anyways. 

Rankles75

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 12, 2022, 02:19:32 AMI'll get it even without Notre Dame and some schools in it.  Notre Dame already played itself out of championship this year anyways. 

It's not been our best start to a season...  :-\

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Coaching change and all that good stuff for ND.  UK is finally winning with STOOPS as head coach, even though we are always worried some other school is going to come after him.  Like Nebraska.

We had two ten win seasons the last four years.  We didn't have any ten win seasons my whole life before that.  I was satisfied in the late 2000s when we were winning 7 regular season games with a chance of an 8th in a bowl.  Stoops has gotten us in position where a game against Georgia last year decided the east race and might again this year for the representation in the SEC championship.  Plus two citrus bowl wins. 

Its almost unheard of at uk.  Nothing like this was going on since the late 70's and before that the Bear Bryant era.  Before 2018 Vandy had a more recent ten win season than UK did.  It isn't always the prettiest style of ball, but Stoops wins, and he wins lots of close games.  I really hope they can keep him around.

The coaching change when Rich Brooks retired and handed the reigns over to Joker Phillips is what killed UK for about an 8 year stretch.  They had been improving under brooks, but he was old and retired, and when they handed it over to Phillips he could neither coach NOR recruit when he had the responsibilities as a recruiter and the head man.  Stoops took a low talent team, steadily recruited and it is finally paying off. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Stoops was our DB coach in 2001.  Good year for the Canes (an understatement) and he coached some of the greatest talent ever.

https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/acc/miami/2001-miami-hurricanes/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed