Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 79,725 times)

EVILthePREDATOR

Because I could say it's blue and he will always be there waiting to say it's red. The point is hicks its gone on for over two years. I haven't even posted anything in a quite a few months. Once again when I do he's right there ready to punch holes into what I'm saying. Even though he doesn't know what the future holds himself. I'm going off the language of the announcement and what makes sense to make as much money as possible.

If he has inside knowledge and knows I'm wrong then fair dues. But all this is speculation at this point. We should all be entitled to our opinions without feeling belittled every time we say something that might go against what someone else thinks.

Like I say and I'm sure you'd agree. There are plenty of things posted that you don't agree with. And I think it's completely fair to say most of us unless there's actually some sort of end goal would just ignore it.

There's a constructive debate which I'm all for and then there's just plain awkwardness. He also has a habit of putting words in my mouth which would rub anyone up the wrong way.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 12:15:46 PM
There's a constructive debate which I'm all for and then there's just plain awkwardness. He also has a habit of putting words in my mouth which would rub anyone up the wrong way.

I'm sorry but for the most part this is what I'm seeing in regards to this thread and your opinions being expressed. If I thought he was being a dick, I'd step in.

Your complaints -

It'll be toned down and kiddified / Marvel do Zombies, they have a MAX title that panels have been posted from showing people missing limbs.

They'll be less adult language / the Alien/Predator comics evidently didn't swear that much anyway. (Never been something I've noticed either way)

It's going to be too PC / Alien has always been, as the kids call it, "woke" and Predator has always been inclusive.

You'd never see "slack jawed f****t" now / of course you wouldn't, time's have changed and it's as bad as the n-word.

SkyMovies added a trigger warning / but they only added a warning. They didn't censor the film.

They never brown-faced Vasquez / they did, it's been talked about since the film came out.

I'm sorry, but it just looks like you don't like being disputed. They are facts against your complaints.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 03, 2020, 12:22:01 PM
https://twitter.com/WallMeatJones/status/1278940258982215681

Indeed. That gave me a good chuckle this morning.

Vrastal

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 03, 2020, 12:22:01 PM
https://twitter.com/WallMeatJones/status/1278940258982215681

I mean yeah.

If the Punisher Max line,which i haven't read just the panels posted is anything to go by and some of Vader comics, which i have read some of. I think we can see some good things come out of this. Of course they wont all be perfect.

Even Dark Horse has story lines people disagree on the quality. i thought life and death was pretty terrible. some of the new aliens ive thought were pretty decent. i also love the Outbreak/female war trilogy.

Letting Disney/Marvel know what we fans want in quality and content without name calling, belittling or insulting is how we get same quality comics from DH or better

EVILthePREDATOR

So him essentially putting words in my mouth and essentially calling me a racist just because I dared to mention Disney's over the top P.C culture is not being a d*ck is it? Nice one Hicks.

I'm being painted as right wing for talking about the uncomfortable truth no one wants to talk about.

As it happens my favourite predator film is P2 which is a black man as the main character.

Denzel Washington is my all time favourite actor by a long mile. It's got absolutely nothing to do about race. I want to see more inclusion. I just want it to be sincere.

The problem is Disney are relentlessly pushing white guilt. And that's what I was trying to point out. If they really cared about the cause. They wouldn't be changing the race of established characters. They would be making brand new characters. It's just a gimmicky marketing ploy to make more money which isn't sincere imho.

I want more diversity I just don't like the way Disney handles it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Okay, I will admit that Marvel and Disney have an annoying tendency to act like they have some sort of monopoly on diversity and representation.

If they try to market a new Alien series with a female POC in the lead as if it's something groundbreaking, I will definitely roll my eyes at them quite vigorously.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Make it a homosexual lead and it would be groundbreaking.

And even better: Make it in the GFFA. Everyone who doesn't like it, is free to piss off.

EVILthePREDATOR

Thank you local trouble. That was all I meant. One of my all time favourite franchises other than our babies is the matrix.  The matrix trio logo is in my opinion how to be diverse whilst being sincere at the same time. It has practically every single race under the sun in it. All working together for a common cause and purpose. It's exactly how it should be done. The characters arenot driven by race and white guilt. They are driven by equality. 

They are all equally as important to the story of Zion.

Disney are not doing that. It's exploitative. And that's where my problem lies with how they operate.

Thank you local trouble. That was all I meant. One of my all time favourite franchises other than our babies is the matrix.  The matrix trio logo is in my opinion how to be diverse whilst being sincere at the same time. It has practically every single race under the sun in it. All working together for a common cause and purpose. It's exactly how it should be done. The characters arenot driven by race and white guilt. They are driven by equality. 

They are all equally as important to the story of Zion.

Disney are not doing that. It's exploitative. And that's where my problem lies with how they operate.

Drukathi

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 03, 2020, 09:07:11 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 03, 2020, 08:59:57 AM
They only really had six fingers in Alien.

???

Left photo - I hear ADI dubstep in my head.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 12:58:48 PM

It's fair to be worried about exploitative measures regarding such hot topics, and I think you expressed it well there. But I guess I don't see it. I remember reading accounts of Mexicans watching Rogue One, overjoyed at one of their own being a main character in such an amazing film. Which let me see if I can find it.

It's important. And it's something Alien and Predator have been doing since the very start. I guess I just don't see it in what Disney has been doing?

EJA

Right now I'm reading Marvel's Immortal Hulk series, and let me tell you, that has a LOT of gruesome, violent and disturbing imagery.

EVILthePREDATOR

Hicks that's great. That's what I want to see. Brand new characters that are from ethnic and minority backgrounds. Just like the matrix did.

I don't want to see the little mermaid for example which is from a danish author and is based on old European folklore made black just because it's the "in thing"

Why not be creative and look into African culture and bring something fresh and new to the table that all black actors and actresses can be apart of proudly? Black pants for example was an example of this. So there is signs it's moving in the right direction. But it's still not enough.

It's not the in thing at the end of the day, it's pushing white guilt on the rest of us.

They are too lazy to make anything original and centre it around a strong black lead. Or to make brand new characters that might be from the lgbt communities for example. 

If Disney cares as much as they make out, then where's our black Disney princess? Instead they are trying to cash in on the cultural changes in our society. And that by all accounts is wrong and not sincere in the slightest and like I say is incredibly sinister.

I'm all for diversity, but it shouldn't come at the cost of equality. And that's the last I'll say about the subject. I'm angry because I've seen on Twitter the R word getting thrown around and SM clearly tried to call me one.

It's an uncomfortable subject for all of us. But I thinks an important one. And something none of us no matter what race or creed you are should be able to talk about freely. Education is the way out of this. Not Disney's shallow money making ways.

Local Trouble

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 01:31:02 PM
If Disney cares as much as they make out, then where's our black Disney princess?

Um...right here?

https://princess.disney.com/tiana

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: EJA on Jul 03, 2020, 01:17:49 PM
Right now I'm reading Marvel's Immortal Hulk series, and let me tell you, that has a LOT of gruesome, violent and disturbing imagery.

Yeah I love seeing the comments on reddit or Twitter with people thinking they're going to tone down the violence when Marvel puts out this every month or so;

EVILthePREDATOR

Local trouble that's jasmine from Aladdin. She's Asian not black.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed