Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 79,947 times)

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: ELDERthePREDATOR on Jul 02, 2020, 06:37:15 PM
Who knows maybe they will make great films and comics, but I can guarantee the violence and profanity will be toned down to maximise its audience.

If this all becomes children friendly then I think I'll swallow and stop following the franchises for good  and accept that they are now dead.

Given how f**k-awful the past few years have been I can almost guarantee that is what is going to happen, we are entering a new Gilded Age.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 02, 2020, 07:13:53 PM
sounds like it's time for tristan jones to make some friends at marvel

Preferably with a good writer this time around. Or, even better, with him as the writer.

I adored his art in Defiance but that was really all I cared for in the run.

Drukathi

What about books? Will the Titan continue to create them or will the books also go to Disney's in-house studio?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Drukathi on Jul 02, 2020, 07:52:29 PM
What about books? Will the Titan continue to create them or will the books also go to Disney's in-house studio?

Disney uses a bunch of various partners for Star Wars books, including Titan for some things, I believe, so I'm sure the novels are safe at their current home.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 02, 2020, 07:05:43 PM
Story wise Dead Orbit is whatever, it is a pretty standard Alien-on-a-ship comic. I just absolutely love Stokoe's art.

Given your pedigree in the comic art, I'll assume you like Tristan Jones art as well.

Voodoo Magic

First off:

We all knew this was coming.

But still.....

The dagger is in my heart. The best Predator comic series ever... Chris Warner's Predator: Hunters will end after Volume Three. We won't get subsequent stories focused on the rest of the team. Likely ever.

Damn it.

Add the likelihood of the Predator: The Original Screenplay being nixed thanks to covid-19 and my Predator soul just hurts. #FU2020

I guess the silver lining here is Marvel will give us Aliens Vs Predator Comics too:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 02, 2020, 08:10:20 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 02, 2020, 07:05:43 PM
Story wise Dead Orbit is whatever, it is a pretty standard Alien-on-a-ship comic. I just absolutely love Stokoe's art.

Given your pedigree in the comic art, I'll assume you like Tristan Jones art as well.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 02, 2020, 07:49:25 PM

Preferably with a good writer this time around. Or, even better, with him as the writer.

:-*

Corporal Hicks

Xiggz456

:o shocked yet not surprised! I'll hold out judgement until the first series comes out but the quick snippet of art is absolutely gorgeous. I do suspect we'll see some superhero crossovers as they always sell well. Hats off to Dark Horse for bringing us countless stories over the decades, the universe wouldn't be near as expansive as it is today without them!

Stitch

Heard about this earlier. Doesn't fill me with confidence, gotta be honest.

EVILthePREDATOR

EVILthePREDATOR

Food for thought guys, now Marvel own alien, predator and AvP. One can't help but be worried about where this might leave Neca toys going forward. I'm really worried they are going to lose their licence, considering marvel have marvel legends and own Toy Biz. Would be a real kick in the teeth for neca considering all the great things they have been doing recently and predator being their longest running line of figures.

What's everyone's opinions here? Should we be worried or am I reading too much into it?

Edit.. toy biz doesn't exist anymore I forgot that. But still you get my point.

Kradan

Kradan

f**k

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 02, 2020, 06:55:43 PM
And, the absolute best comic, Aliens: Lovesick. :D

God, I still can't stomache that one

j0nesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 02, 2020, 07:49:25 PM

he teased a project he pitched two years ago that would have been an alien: isolation sequel which "was meant to be amanda ripley after crashing a ship somewhere on lv426, discovering an ancient engineer facility or temple ruins"

obviously never came to fruition, probably because of the plans fox had for amanda at the time, but it would have been glorious to see

BlueMarsalis79

Honestly such a pity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed