Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 77,672 times)

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

QuotePutting a wig

That was a wig? I thought they just cut her hair short and dyed it black?

Either way EVILthePREDATOR, chill my dude. This whole PC rant isn't really necessary.

It's also already been pointed out that both series both in print and on celluloid, have always been diverse and political. If you're gonna be worried about anything, be worried about the quality of the story telling. Rather than what politics may or may not be in the stories themselves.

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 07:51:33 AM
SiL that's utterly ridiculous. You say you're Australian but your heritage is from my country great Britain. You do not have the native Australian genes running through your blood. She does have Latino in her. There's a big difference there. Secondly you sake brown face or whatever. How do you know she isn't into tanning lotion? Plenty of women are. You are being utterly ridiculous.

It's commonly known Jeannette was sprayed a brown skin pigmentation to make her look more Latina. That's just a fact of the shooting of the film.

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 03, 2020, 07:41:04 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 03, 2020, 07:20:20 AM
Oh no.  Whatever will we do when movies don't throw around 'slack jawed faggot' as an insult?

If it helps, one of the characters in the Punisher comic called him a "faggot piece of shit" in the issue published as recently as March 2020.

Thank God. What a relief.

Local Trouble

I didn't want you to lose sleep over it.

EVILthePREDATOR

There's absolutely nothing on the internet to suggest she was intentionally made to look more "Latino"

Does anyone have sources?

She also played an Irish woman in titanic even though she isn't Irish. So what gives?

bobby brown

Well, I'm a bit loyal to Dark Horse, Despite they rarely making anything good, Still, thank you for your products.

I have ZERO interests in crossovers, but Hey Ill just not buy them.
Let us hope a new team can bring something inspired to the brand.

Local Trouble

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 08:05:48 AM
There's absolutely nothing on the internet to suggest she was intentionally made to look more "Latino"

She also played an Irish woman in titanic even though she isn't Irish. So what gives?

It wasn't hard to find...

QuoteNow, looking at it from modern sensibilities, the fact that they had to use makeup to make her look the correct ethnicity (Goldstein was half Jewish/quarter Brazillian/quarter Moroccan) was probably a bit iffy, but this was the same era where Fisher Stevens played an Indian person in a blockbuster film, so bear that in mind.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Jul 03, 2020, 08:05:48 AM

Google is your friend and so are the A L I E N Anthology Blu-Rays.

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Jenette_Vasquez#cite_note-Vasquez-15

QuoteGoldstein actually has brown hair, freckled white skin and light brown eyes in real life; to portray the Hispanic Vasquez, she had to dye her hair and wear makeup and contact lenses, the latter of which the actress found incredibly uncomfortable.

SM

She spoke about make up having to cover white skin and freckles in Starlog in 1987.

JungleHunter87

Either way. It was a product of its time and has no bearing on the MARVEL deal.

I just hope we get PREDATOR and A L I E N/ALIENS titles as standalone titles first.

The crossovers should be saved for fun little what if's.

SM

QuoteEither way. It was a product of its time and has no bearing on the MARVEL deal

Indeed.

Drukathi

It would be nice to return to the topic.

Alien on art looks gorgeous! But I'm not sure about the number of fingers. There should be six. For me, this is more important than some Disney / Marvel views on characters and stories. ;D

SM

They only really had six fingers in Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 02, 2020, 05:41:47 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 02, 2020, 05:25:14 PM
Also, note that it doesn't mention Alien vs. Predator. Wonder if they're abandoning the crossover.
Christ I hope not.

Ah, looks like the Marvel release specifically mentions AvP. We're good.

Drukathi

Quote from: SM on Jul 03, 2020, 08:59:57 AM
They only really had six fingers in Alien.

Yes, and this is strange. How many fingers does xeno have in Aliens? That's kind of like 5. But four are glued in pairs, so it looks like 3. Anyway, everything is better than the ugly glove in AR. I can't even imagine how this can work.

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed