Millennium Design
10 (23.8%)
GMK Design
2 (4.8%)
Final Wars Design
15 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Favorite Godzilla Design (Read 7,640 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

My thoughts on the new series:
G2000- OK, but long, and bad effects
Godzilla vs. Megaguirus- Loved it. Pure fun. String powered monster!
GMK- liked it, wasn't into the mumbo jumbo about spirits
Godzilla x Mechagodzilla- Loved it
Tokyo SOS- Godzilla! Mothra! Mechagodzilla! I loved it!!!
Final Wars- no, a video game.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

QuoteThe Godzilla vs Zilla scene was said to show how much better their suits are than American CG. i heard that somewhere

It was basically 'original Gojira owns GINO' sort of thing, but symbolically, they did portray both monsters using their most notable mediums (i.e., suit and CGI)

QuoteThe shittest Godzilla movies were made in the 70's. You simply picked the wrong Godzilla movie to watch. I recommend the 60's or 90's Godzilla movies. When Godzilla wasn't savior of the children. Of course, it is an acquired taste as well.

While I don't really see it as his definitive personality, the 'savior of children' persona was actually what hooked me as a kid.  We all had to start somewhere.

That Yellow Alien

My first Godzilla experience was the opposite. I watched "Godzilla 1985". Although I didn't really become hooked until I rented "Godzilla vs. Monster Zero". That's when I bought the "Official Godzilla Compendium" and started collecting as many Godzilla movies as possible. You're right though, the superhero Godzilla does appeal more to kids, but I'm not a kid anymore. ;) "Godzilla's Revenge" and "Godzilla vs. Megalon" were pretty terrible.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I love the Godzilla Compendium!

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 08, 2007, 12:27:03 AM

So do I. A must for any Godzilla collector. I was also subscribed to the magazine "G-fan" for a while as a kid.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 09, 2007, 02:29:17 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 08, 2007, 12:27:03 AM

So do I. A must for any Godzilla collector. I was also subscribed to the magazine "G-fan" for a while as a kid.

What a coincidence, me too. Same author.

Wolfpred

Wolfpred

me?

the 1954 and godzilla 2000 (black & white) desgins. they were the best because they weren't made cheeply. the american godzilla is shit...

you?

RhinoTuna

RhinoTuna

If i knew what half of them looked like i'd check one of the boxes.

agentdc7

agentdc7

I grew up watching Godzilla.  I always loved the look from Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989).  The really mean looking one and with that deep growl.

I always thought the older ones (60's and 70's) looked like cookie monster and never really took any of these movies seriously.

The newest ones in Final Wars looked really strange.  All monsters literally looked like people in suits.  Kinda think they would not have that being the most up to date Godzilla movie.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I like the one in Godzilla vs. Megaguirus.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 20, 2008, 07:11:51 PM
I like the one in Godzilla vs. Megaguirus.

Which is the same from Godzilla 2000.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

U.S version.

That Yellow Alien

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

But I like it none the less.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

I love the wicked spines on Gman 2000. Not to mention Godzilla 2000 was the first one they really updated the graphics on the flame. He just looks very sinister. So my fave suits would the G2000 which was in 2 movies, then they altered it slightly for Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and Godzilla Tokyo SOS. Both of those costumes were almost the same, they updated the flame to blue which I liked, but that doesn't have anything to do with the costume. They changed the head area bit.

Then I would say the 90's Hesei series Godzilla costumes followed by Final Wars.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed