What is the weirdest thing you've ever experienced?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 18, 2020, 01:17:48 AM

Author
What is the weirdest thing you've ever experienced? (Read 2,066 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Oh I laughed reading that. I'm not bad, it's just that it sounds funny for some reason.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Shinawi on Feb 20, 2020, 03:24:08 AM
A celebrity (I forgot her name) said that she found her mother's cash hidden here and there in the home. Her mother experienced the Great Depression. At that time, a lot of the banks closed down suddenly. People lost their money.

My grandfather did that.

We were packing up his house to sell it after he died and found to stashes of 2,000 dollars in his freezer and on top of his cabinets in his kitchen. 

Huggs

Watching a guy giving a speech about Gandhi come...unhinged.

Local Trouble

Now that you're vaccinated, shouldn't the weirdness in your area finally be on the upswing?

Huggs

I don't know. I hope covid won't be responsible for the extinction of "the old ways".

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on May 01, 2021, 11:33:37 PM
I don't know. I hope covid won't be responsible for the extinction of "the old ways".

Use "the old ways" to take care of "the new problems"

Huggs

Then she yelled about her civil rights and asked to see the manager.

Baron Von Marlon

Who took care of the matter swiftly.

Huggs

A herd of wild karens.

Now there's a horror story for AMC.

Kimarhi

When I was a pre teen I was spending the night over at one of my good friends of the era.  He had a big house that was on some farmland, had a big yard, and in the back had a trampoline.

It was odd because my sister was best friends with the guys sister, and he was one of my best friends so all four of us were always around each other.  We used to all jump on the trampoline at the same time because if you timed your landings right with somebody else then the lighter person would go flying way higher on the rebound.

Of course unless you were lucky and just happened to land at exactly the right time as everybody else then a guy never got boosted up, but we still liked flinging our sisters up in the air because they'd giggle and be happy.

After doing that me and the brother laid down on the trampoline and looked straight up because the business of flinging 90 lbs girls up in the air was tiring after a while. 

There was a big shiny dot reflecting in the setting sun.

I was nerdy enough to know that only planets reflect sunlight in the day time, unless there is a supernova somewhere that outshines it.  There hasn't been a supernova detectable by the naked eye  in a while so....

"Hey look at that star."  The brother said.  It was literally the only thing besides the sun that was shining. 

"That's not a star it's a planet.  You can tell because it is still daylight and it isn't flickering."

Then the "planet" began to move straight up slowly at first, then shot so fast upward that it seemed to disappear.  Like somebody throwing a baseball straight up in the air and then the baseball suddenly reaching escape velocity speeds and then disappearing.

We kind of both were like, "holy shit!" when it first happened but literally have never talked about it since then.  But I have talked about it with many other people.  That is kinda weird in itself.  Not saying it was aliens, I'm just sayin. 

Immortan Jonesy

Wow that was interesting indeed, whatever it was.  :o

BigDaddyJohn

I once stumbled across a humongous peacock face to face at night in the street. He started screaming so loud I nearly peed my pants and didn't know what to do. He started chasing me so I ran away and jumped the fence of a nearby house to take shelter.

I was 16-17yo at the time, and didn't think my 135 pounds ass would be a match. Now that I'm 192 pounds I think it was ridiculous, but at the time I was legit scared  :laugh:

And yes fellas, France is that dangerous  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 02, 2021, 01:05:03 PM
I once stumbled across a humongous peacock face to face at night in the street. He started screaming so loud I nearly peed my pants and didn't know what to do. He started chasing me so I ran away and jumped the fence of a nearby house to take shelter.

I was 16-17yo at the time, and didn't think my 135 pounds ass would be a match. Now that I'm 192 pounds I think it was ridiculous, but at the time I was legit scared  :laugh:

And yes fellas, France is that dangerous  ;D

Something this big?

BigDaddyJohn

No haha, but it looked humongous to me considering I was way lighter.

[cancerblack]

These are just off the top of my head, there's a lot more.

Which would people rather hear first?

The time I thought a famous poet and national treasure was a hobo, and hung out with him for a day anyway

The time we got SWAT'd for playing with brightly coloured toy weapons, but escaped

The flesh-universe shared hallucination incident

Getting SWAT'd part 2: Electric Boogaloo (I escape again)

The time I got my head stitched back together

Never meet fight your heroes (-OR- the tale of the crow and the raven)

Captain Ego Man aka "The fallen arch-angel Gabriel"

The time my honour was defended

The time I got a nun arrested

Be fairly warned, a lot of my stories involve some combination of alcohol, madness, drug abuse, and/or morally dubious actions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed