James Remar as Hicks

Started by nukem11, Sep 29, 2007, 07:42:46 PM

Author
James Remar as Hicks (Read 16,032 times)

H.r.giger fan

H.r.giger fan

MICHAEL BIEHN is AWESOME

SM

SM

Ripley's lackey isn't terribly far from the truth.  Though he's also a bit of an Obi-Wan Kenobi too - in a patriarchal Cameronion sort of way where women are never complete characters until empowered by a man.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Oct 02, 2007, 02:47:27 PM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 30, 2007, 09:28:04 AM
But that's just it - Remar had read the script, and he felt Hicks could - and should - be more than just Ripley's lackey.

I don't view him as just Ripley's lackey in the movie. Well he doesn't come across that to me.

http://www.harryharris.com/graphics/pola15.jpg

I remember on aliens disc 2 that michael biehn was annoyed about the decorations painted onto hicks's body armor. He hated the fact that there was a heart painted on his left chest just where his heart would be. If i remember right he said " It just looks like the perfect bullseye to shoot  me"
Maybe Remar wanted hicks to be thought of as suicidal...who knows.

redalert51

redalert51

Great actor , I guess there are numerous why he was not eventually cast as Hicks,but he is in so many
movies and television shows,Maybe they will cast him in AVP3 or Alien 5. 

Kimo

Kimo

What about that other dude who was playing Kane? was they any other footage of him in the role other then what we see on the bonus disc of Alien before he went into some diabetic state?

And what about "Van damme" in Predator 1 if it was true? Was they any offscreen pictures or footage were he aint in the red gay suite, with the rest of the cast or crew?

thepouncer

thepouncer

thank god michael biehen took over who wants  bad raiden in the role,bet he wished he'd kept his mouth shut .his career never took off

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: thepouncer on Dec 15, 2007, 12:23:37 AM
thank god michael biehen took over who wants  bad raiden in the role,bet he wished he'd kept his mouth shut .his career never took off

I agree. This was the best thing that could've happened. Remar doesn't sell me as a military type anyway. 

I can only picture Michael Biehn in the role.

Marr

Marr

Happened to catch 48 hours last night on TV and I thought James Remar was the best thing about it. It got me thinking about what might have been if he had stayed on board as Hicks. I know there area a few pictures floating around with him in it - but I wondered if the character changed in any way when Biehn replaced him? I realise that there was not a lot of time between Remar walking/jumping and shooting continuing so I don't suppose the script would have changed at all but I would have thought the "tone" of Hicks may have been very different.

SM

SM

Wouldn't have changed much at all.

I remember reading somewhere that one of the creative differences between Remar and Cameron was the fact that Remar didn't like that Hicks was Ripley's bitch.

He's still in at least one shot in the film during the pan down from the hive roof to the marines.  And his first initial remains on Hicks' locker.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Aug 18, 2010, 11:01:54 PM
Wouldn't have changed much at all.

I remember reading somewhere that one of the creative differences between Remar and Cameron was the fact that Remar didn't like that Hicks was Ripley's bitch.

Weird that he didnt see the big picture. Like that Hicks was the smartest one to do that and the most clear headed because he put away his ego and his medals and title for a civilian acknowledging that shes exceptionally smart, clear thinking and a good natural leader

SM

SM

Maybe he wanted more of a challenge as an actor.

cmc

cmc

Maybe he f**ked up!

Marr

Marr

Quote from: cmc on Aug 19, 2010, 12:18:42 AM
Maybe he f**ked up!

It looks that way - the last time I saw him was a small part in, the now cancelled, Flashforward.

Pity he could not play the part similar to his role in 48 Hours- a complete psycho. Might have been interesting!

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Aug 19, 2010, 12:14:06 AM
Maybe he wanted more of a challenge as an actor.

I think such approach and character is more challenging and unique then just a regular hero with a gun

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

I can't see how the chemistry between Ripley and Hicks would have worked with Remar as the latter. He always strikes me as something of an ice-man...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed