Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel'

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Jul 22, 2019, 09:20:09 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel' (Read 158,348 times)

Andrea90

When a trailer? May? June?

Z Digg

Z Digg

One of my most anticipated films of 2021 even more so now that Scott was clearly blown away by not just Driver but Comer too. Super curious to see the trailer.

https://twitter.com/gummibear86/status/1367979525481492483?s=21
screening next week!

Andrea90

Quote from: Z Digg on Mar 05, 2021, 11:08:42 PM
One of my most anticipated films of 2021 even more so now that Scott was clearly blown away by not just Driver but Comer too. Super curious to see the trailer.

screening next week!
So we can have the first reactions?

Ingwar

I didn't expect that coming.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

screening next week!

So this would be for a test screening, I think? And it pretty strongly suggests that it will be R-Rated (15 UK).

Quote from: Andrea90 on Mar 06, 2021, 01:50:21 PM
So we can have the first reactions?

With test screenings people are usually required not to disclose anything about the film. But sometimes people who saw it will post some info online anyway, so here's hoping.

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 05, 2021, 08:49:06 PM
Cannes festival is just a bad idea..
Scott isn't very appreciated by the press attracted by this event.
I don't think it's useful to start movie promo with a tough review. Better to wait event like TIFF, which is much more modern in their approach to cinema.

Going by the story, it will probably be closer in style to an art film (like The Duellists) than an action-packed Hollywood blockbuster (which the press that attend the event tend to abhor). Also, half the film was shot in France using French crew and extras with probably around $50 million spent there. So if the film is decent then I think the press will be kind to it.

Z Digg

the synopsis makes comer sound like the main voice which i was worried about. hopefully this shows as the story being told mainly from the male perspective would be asking for failure

kwisatz

Oooh Harry Gregson-Williams. If the soundtrack's only half as good as KoHs. Hope he keeps it classic as fukk --

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: kwisatz on Mar 07, 2021, 05:37:45 AM
Oooh Harry Gregson-Williams. If the soundtrack's only half as good as KoHs. Hope he keeps it classic as fukk --

How about a bit of Wagner and Carl Orff mixed in? Up the Gothic quotient a little?

Interestingly, the Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack included a lot of non-Gregson-Williams tracks as well, including the opening titles (composed by Hans Zimmer), an operatic piece from Hannibal, a track by Jerry Goldsmith, a track by Marco Beltrami and a track from The Crow.

Quote from: Z Digg on Mar 07, 2021, 12:27:08 AM
the synopsis makes comer sound like the main voice which i was worried about. hopefully this shows as the story being told mainly from the male perspective would be asking for failure

Well, they say the story will be told "from three distinct points of view". Which I presume would be Comer, Driver and Damon's characters. It also jibes with what we've heard about the film being in the style of Rashomon.

The person who posted the invite said they'll share some stuff about the film on Wednesday.

Z Digg

when is a trailer likely to come out?

Andrea90

Quote from: Z Digg on Mar 07, 2021, 10:27:22 PM
when is a trailer likely to come out?

I think May or June.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 07, 2021, 04:08:23 PM
Quote from: kwisatz on Mar 07, 2021, 05:37:45 AM

How about a bit of Wagner and Carl Orff mixed in? Up the Gothic quotient a little?

Yes, yes and yes.

QuoteInterestingly, the Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack included a lot of non-Gregson-Williams tracks as well, including the opening titles (composed by Hans Zimmer), an operatic piece from Hannibal, a track by Jerry Goldsmith, a track by Marco Beltrami and a track from The Crow.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the Info!

EDIT

Altho way more modern I wouldn't mind something like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DEqzIeR98sI&list=OLAK5uy_kiZIP9V5KgpZW17uYaCk8lINPkMAag5YY&index=4

which in fact reminds me a bit of KoHs soundtrack (in parts)

I definitely think Scott could increase the ambient a tad. Or even the eery/expressionistic. All of which made Goldsmiths Alien so great and Streitenfelds Prometheus a bit flat. Dunno how that suits the source material tho but judging by Raised by Wolves Scott lately seemes to be willing to embrace alternative methods/styles more (again). 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

First reviews from last night's test screening:

Both of which basically says bugger-all that we don't already know.  :-\

....except perhaps for that coded emoji sentence if it's even true.

screening next week!

She has now deleted her tweet and clammed up.  :-\

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 11, 2021, 03:30:27 PM
....except perhaps for that coded emoji sentence if it's even true.

Can anyone decipher this? Are those reactions ever legit?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I'm too old for this emoji sentence stuff but apparently it means:

Spoiler
Eye (I) Saw (saw) Atom (Adam) Car (Driver's) Aubergine (Penis)
[close]

Apparently it's true, all of it:

Spoiler
QuoteI didn't wanna post this until nearer the release date via a source on the set of The Last Duel, Adam Driver filmed a full frontal scene. Whether that made it into the movie or not were yet to see. Your welcome

https://twitter.com/DriverOnline_/status/1370000803147223043
[close]

Z Digg

graphic rape scene :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed