Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel'

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Jul 22, 2019, 09:20:09 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel' (Read 157,133 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Tons of new photos again today:

Another one of Adam looking rather sinister:

Jodie getting a whiff of Matt who hasn't showered in weeks, in preparation for his role as a medieval person. #methodacting

But is that Johny Depp to her right?

Driver looking shady af:

Another one of Ridley. Gone now are the mask, face-shield and social distancing:  :laugh:

Some more of the village set:

Nightmare Asylum

That Mithraic mullet on Matt Damon, though...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Notice his cheek scar as well, looking a lot like Travis Fimmel in Raised by Wolves here:

Some more extras:

Andrea90

Nice photos. Are they going to shot until the end of october, aren't they?
Is it known the budget of the film?  ???

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I guess it will probably be somewhere north of $100 million but probably not quite as high as Kingdom of Heaven or Robin Hood (2010).

Adam Driver again:

Andrea90

Andrea90

This film seems to be smaller than films like Gladiator, KOH, Robin Hood and Exodus. It seems less kolossal and more intimate, like GOT of the first seasons, more politic and less war movie.

I think the budget will be around 100 million dollars.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

One thing I'm very curious to find out about this film is

Spoiler
whether they will allow any ambiguity as to Le Gris' guilt. The author spent about ten years researching the case and he strongly suggests that Le Gris was indeed guilty of the rape charge. But he also allows for the possibility that Le Gris might have been mistaken for another man (who later reputedly confessed to the rape) or that Marguerite and Jean de Carrouges framed Le Gris and made it all up.

I think giving the film a bit of leeway for discussions around whether Le Gris was in fact guilty or not could make it a lot more interesting. Kind of like the spinning top in Inception or the tinfoil unicorn in Blade Runner if you know what I mean.
[close]

Dariusz Wolski and Ridley on-set:

These smartphones are authentic medieval models:

Andrea90

Andrea90

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 01, 2020, 04:18:32 PM
One thing I'm very curious to find out about this film is

Spoiler
whether they will allow any ambiguity as to Le Gris' guilt. The author spent about ten years researching the case and he strongly suggests that Le Gris was indeed guilty of the rape charge. But he also allows for the possibility that Le Gris might have been mistaken for another man (who later reputedly confessed to the rape) or that Marguerite and Jean de Carrouges framed Le Gris and made it all up.

I think giving the film a bit of leeway for discussions around whether Le Gris was in fact guilty or not could make it a lot more interesting. Kind of like the spinning top in Inception or the tinfoil unicorn in Blade Runner if you know what I mean.
[close]

In my opinion in the film we'll see
Spoiler
Le Gris rape Marguerite, and in the end black mirror with the explanation and with the fate of Carrouges.Every historical film of Scott start and finish like this.
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The construction of the village set at Bective Abbey Bridge is now complete and being "winterized". Fliming there will start on Monday.

Apparently the large structure on the little hill is a gallows. Note the Celtic cross as well:

Andrea90

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 02, 2020, 04:39:39 PM
The construction of the village set at Bective Abbey Bridge is now complete and being "winterized". Fliming there will start on Monday.

Apparently the large structure on the little hill is a gallows. Note the Celtic cross as well:

English warriors executed by French/Scottish?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Very likely.

Also ... probably the place of the last duel. Literally.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 03, 2020, 12:49:16 PM
Also ... probably the place of the last duel. Literally.

Yep, I think you're right. The royal grandstand with the heavy timbered stockade as the dueling arena is as described in the book.

Another pic:

The only difference is that the duel in the book took place inside the walls of a monastery that was inside the city, not an open field out in the country as shown here.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 03, 2020, 03:18:12 PM

The only difference is that the duel in the book took place inside the walls of a monastery that was inside the city, not an open field out in the country as shown here.

Yeah, that's correct. It seems like the changed the surroundings for the duel itself, but it's not a big deal, unless, they're gonna use cgi.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, there are some large blue screens visible so it's possible.

The professional battle re-enactors busy with rehearsals:

Ingwar

Fighting in the forest? Kingdom of Heaven vibe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed