Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel'

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Jul 22, 2019, 09:20:09 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel' (Read 158,342 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Damon played a morally dubious ex-con in Elysium. But Matt is such a likeable guy in general that even his dodgy characters are still likeable.  :laugh:

Some more snippets from The Last Duel sets in Ireland:

Fierce Scottish clansmen extras awaiting their Covid test results:

Village now almost finished:

Medieval pavilion and thatched house in background:

Horny animal extra:

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Andrea90 on Sep 24, 2020, 06:09:46 PM
Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Sep 24, 2020, 05:47:17 PM
Quote from: Andrea90 on Sep 24, 2020, 04:17:39 PM
Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Sep 24, 2020, 04:11:02 PM
Quote from: Andrea90 on Sep 24, 2020, 10:28:51 AM
Is Damon perfect for the role in your opinion? For me he's better for commedy roles like The Martian. It's a fantastic actor indeed, but for a vengeance role i don't know.
Matt Damon was great in THE MARTIAN but I don't sure about him. Perfect? No. But he is very good.

In The Martian was great for me, too. But for this role i don't know, it's very different from that one.
Yeah. A revenge story. Kind of similar to Russell Crowe in GLADIATOR. But Maximus was a great man, too good for his own good. This new Character is a lot more darker than Maximus
Yes, i am reading the book and it's very more darker.
How do you consider Damon for a role like this?
We will see. I love KINGDOM OF HEAVEN and All of its Characters were grey and nobody was a Saint. So, I suppose THE LAST DUEL will be more KINGDOM OF HEAVEN than GLADIATOR

Andrea90

I am reading the book and it's great.
It will be not easy to adapt. Most of it talks about the trial. It takes several months and years.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Apparently the movie will make use of the "Rashamon effect". So during the court case, the various characters will (probably via flashbacks) recount their own personal (and biased) versions of the event.

A couple of wagons and a stagecoach that bears that peculiar late 14th century style. This will probably be used to transport the Lady Marguerite to the duel or from Normandy to Paris:

Andrea90

Andrea90

I have read the part of the duel. It was amazing. I hope Scott will make it spectacular.  ::)

Spoiler
First, three charges with the horses. Then swords and axes.
[close]

EDIT: finished the book. In your opinion
Spoiler
will we see the crusade where Carrouges die or will it be off screen?
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

We've got a ton of new set photos today including a few of Matt Damon, Adam Driver and Jodie Comer (who evidently has the same hair stylist as Princess Leia):

Quote from: Andrea90 on Sep 27, 2020, 07:52:50 PM
I have read the part of the duel. It was amazing. I hope Scott will make it spectacular.  ::)

Spoiler
First, three charges with the horses. Then swords and axes.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, the duel was amazing, it had all the medieval styles of battle including jousting, axe battles on horseback, sword fighting on foot and grappling in the mud with daggers.
[close]

Quote from: Andrea90 on Sep 27, 2020, 07:52:50 PM
Spoiler
will we see the crusade where Carrouges die or will it be off screen?
[close]

Spoiler
Spoiler
I doubt they will include all that, the film will probably just end after the duel.
[close]
[close]

Andrea90

No armours.
I think in these castle they could shot
Spoiler
the feast where Le Gris e Marguerite kiss each other. With this make up Damon seems younger than the photo of months ago (when he's on horse in a castle). So maybe it's before the rape.
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I think you are right. It is probably:

Spoiler
the childbirth celebration at Crespin's castle where de Carrouges and Le Gris make temporary amends. It's the only time when Le Gris, Marguerite and Jean de Carrouges are together in one place (aside from the duel and the court trails later). Marguerite especially looks dressed for some fancy occasion so I suspect you're correct.
[close]

More photos from today:

Apparently this is Adam Driver on the right:

Matt had a similar (or the same) costume at the Jean/Marguerite wedding scene that was filmed earlier this year:

Beter shot of Adam Driver:

Sir Ridley Scott, double protected with a mask and face shield in obligatory puffer jacket:

Andrea90

They are wearing like feast, and Damon has a "younger make up". In others photo he has long beard, like the final part of The Martian.
In these photos i think he is
Spoiler
still a squire, so it is before the english campaign with the Scotland.
[close]
I was wondering, how will the editing be? Are they going to start like the book
Spoiler
in the battlefield and with a long flashback? Mmm..
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Gazz on Feb 23, 2020, 10:25:21 AM
The guy mounted behind Damon has the look of Marton Csokas. Is he in this one?

Looks like Marton Czokas (Guy de Lusignan) is indeed in this film. But who is he playing?

Quote from: Andrea90 on Sep 28, 2020, 08:35:30 PM
They are wearing like feast, and Damon has a "younger make up". In others photo he has long beard, like the final part of The Martian.
In these photos i think he is
Spoiler
still a squire, so it is before the english campaign with the Scotland.
[close]
I was wondering, how will the editing be? Are they going to start like the book
Spoiler
in the battlefield and with a long flashback? Mmm..
[close]

I think you're right, must definitely be the feast at Crespin's place. Lots of other extras also dressed up for the feast.

Some more photos from today:

Notice the fake scar on Damon's right cheek. He almost looks like Trevor Fimmel in Raised by Wolves:

Marton Csokas again:

Close-up of Jodie's "Alderaan" hair-do:

Some actual footage of filming in progress with de Carrouges and Marguerite disembarking from their stagecoach:

https://twitter.com/Tipperaryphotos/status/1310642607962427392

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 28, 2020, 08:54:19 PM
Looks like Marton Czokas (Guy de Lusignan) is indeed in this film. But who is he playing?

I'm more hyped seeing Czokas than seeing Afleck. His performance in Kingdom of Heaven was spectacular.

Andrea90

I think it could be the lord of the castle: Crespin. Great cast indeed in this film.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Sep 28, 2020, 09:24:43 PM

I'm more hyped seeing Czokas than seeing Afleck. His performance in Kingdom of Heaven was spectacular.

Yeah, it's nice seeing Czokas back again. Will be interesting to see who he plays in this.

Quote from: Andrea90 on Sep 28, 2020, 09:30:52 PM

I think it could be the lord of the castle: Crespin.

Could be, but he was also photographed earlier riding with Matt Damon, so I suppose he could also be one of his squires?

Some good quality photo's of the shoot:

Andrea90

I saw Exodus: Gods and Kings again, and in my opinion it's really a big film. It's not perfect but really good, and the directing was great. Iwould have liked to see a director's cut, Scott talked about the original editing of 4 hours.
I think the cinematography of The last duel will be a mix between KoH and Exodus.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 28, 2020, 07:30:48 PM
Apparently this is Adam Driver on the right:

Indeed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed