Alien: Vault gets re-release with new content

Started by Engineer, May 01, 2019, 03:09:05 AM

Author
Alien: Vault gets re-release with new content (Read 8,114 times)

Engineer

Not sure if this has been shared yet but I found this on amazon. Looks like the alien vault book is getting a 40th anniversary re-release with a new chapter chronicling Ridley Scott's return to the alien franchise:

Alien Vault: The Definitive Story Behind the Film https://www.amazon.com/dp/0760366365/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_taqYCbPJNT0J9

The Old One

The Old One

Until the return is complete, I'm good.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Cannot say I'd have expected that but it's not uncommon either. I remember quite liking the existing edition so hopefully the new content is interesting as well! There's a lot of meat to be had in the prequel's behind-the-scenes story.

Xenomrph

I'll bite, $30 isn't bad for an "upgrade" especially when my current copy is kind of falling apart.

Elmazalman

Original edition was mediocre. Easy pass.

Corporal Hicks

I tweeted Ian to ask about the new content.

Darkness

Darkness

I've been after this for a while, almost got it on ebay a couple of times. Glad I held off.

Engineer

Yeah I wasn't so lucky. I broke down and bought it in January. Regretting that now :-(

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Darkness on May 01, 2019, 03:14:47 PMI've been after this for a while, almost got it on ebay a could of times. Glad I held off.

Likewise!

Is this going to include all the additional pull-out bits and pieces that came with the original?

Corporal Hicks

I believe so.

Elmazalman

Will "Cartwright" be spelled correctly this time?  :laugh:

Xenomorphine

Lambert? Like... In character?

Elmazalman

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 03, 2019, 12:34:06 AM
Lambert? Like... In character?
The author misspells "Cartwright" throughout the book - sloppy.

SM

That's something the editors should've picked up.  I remember there was a mistake about Ron Cobb in there too.

blah

blah

is it worth buying?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed