Oh NECA, Why do you do this to me?

Started by Darkness, Apr 27, 2019, 01:38:52 PM

Author
Oh NECA, Why do you do this to me? (Read 3,850 times)

Darkness

Yeah, some of them are pretty good. A lot are basically made in the same factories after the first batch. Tell tale signs are the colouring on the packaging or on the figure might be a little odd. Be very wary of buying anything that doesn't specify a UK city in the item location. I've noticed some of them saying UK but when you look at the postage options, it clearly isn't.

Kane's other son

Who really knows? But Chinese sellers with an endless inventory of figures sold out everywhere else, are a little fishy.

Corporal Hicks

I only buy in person these days. Too many dodgy paint jobs IMHO.

Darkness

You don't take them out of the packaging, do you? Could be all sorts of problems and you won't ever find out.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 28, 2019, 07:15:05 PM
You don't take them out of the packaging, do you? Could be all sorts of problems and you won't ever find out.

I would but I've not got the space for anything at the minute. When I've got display space, they'll be ripped right out as I buy them!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Sorry about your broken figure. Their quality control and customer service within the US is just as terrible.

They could be the coolest toy company ever with their great ideas and explorations into lesser known parts of the franchise. But their attitude and refusal to listen to any constructive criticism or take any accountability for widespread issues made me quit years back.

Just got sick of shoddy paint jobs, warped plastic, and figures breaking right after opening. Say what you will about Eaglemoss, the times one has been broken they shipped out a replacement for me the next day, no questions asked.

Japanese figures such as Kotobukiya, SH MonsterArts, Figma, and Medicom have been fantastic. Haven't looked back.

Honestly I wish the 7" scale affordable figures would go back to McFarlane. They've really been making a comeback as of late, with really nice 7" figures. Maybe even Diamond Select as they're already doing some Alien products and have involvement with Disney through Marvel figures.

NECA has held the mainstream figure license for long enough. Time for something new.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. I'd recommend getting from Big Bad Toy Store, they're great, and I believe they ship to the UK. Yeah shipping can be rough but you can bundle items to make it cheaper with their 'Pile of Loot' feature. I think eBay also has buyer protection, you could try contacting their CS.

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteSorry about your broken figure. Their quality control and customer service within the US is just as terrible.

I don't know, they've always been very helpful on Twitter - it's just they won't ship to anywhere outside of America. Which is fair enough, not many companies do.

QuoteJapanese figures such as Kotobukiya, SH MonsterArts, Figma, and Medicom have been fantastic. Haven't looked back.

My Alien 3 Kotobukiya was missing a magnet - admittingly, I got it second hand on ebay, and when I emailed them to enquire about getting one, they didn't email me back. Again, if you're not in America, nobody cares.

QuoteI'd recommend getting from Big Bad Toy Store, they're great, and I believe they ship to the UK.

Yeah, I came across them but they don't reveal shipping costs until you add a credit card or add paypal to your account.

Update: Well, the ebay seller is offering me a partial refund of £8 - not bad considering I got it for £20 as the box was slightly damaged.

Also, I contacted NECA on twitter and I think they're about to offer me a replacement if I give them an american shipping address.

Still Collating...

Well that's a surprisingly nice turn of events!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2019, 04:40:49 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Apr 27, 2019, 09:32:39 PM
Ebay is definitely flooded with fakes from China and Hong Kong. I have considered getting one when I couldn't find it in the UK.

Is it really? I see Randy often dismiss things as fakes but I'm never able to tell.

Seen a lot of counterfeit Neca Queens on ebay, but they won't ship boxes that big to NZ and the real ones are $350NZD so I guess I'll just never have one.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 28, 2019, 07:18:19 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Apr 28, 2019, 07:15:05 PM

I would but I've not got the space for anything at the minute. When I've got display space, they'll be ripped right out as I buy them!
They take up more space when they're in the packaging, free them from their plastic prisons!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed