Flaws of Alien. Not joking

Started by Kradan, Apr 13, 2019, 06:16:31 AM

Author
Flaws of Alien. Not joking (Read 20,118 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Apr 14, 2019, 02:56:30 AM
It's right around Ash's Nipple Cripple of Doom.

Hey, those nipples fought to keep us all safe from the sex monsters.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Apr 13, 2019, 10:16:54 AM
So it's basically a tender on a yacht.

With the deep space equivalent of emergency provisions in the form of two cryotubes, yeah.  I find it hard to imagine that the Narcissus even has the ability to travel FTL under its own power.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SiL on Apr 13, 2019, 10:30:30 AM
How did Ash get into the computer annex without Ripley hearing?

If you listen really closely though, you can hear the door open. It's subtle, but it's there. Probably reduced in the mix to demonstrate how distracted Ripley is.

SM

SM

The light changes behind her at one point to indicate the door opening too.

Huggs

Huggs

He was with her, all the way.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Apr 13, 2019, 10:30:30 AM
How did Ash get into the computer annex without Ripley hearing?

I think they added the door sound effect into one of the cuts for this.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 13, 2019, 11:39:21 PM
"Pony disease" is not as bad as the migraine Hicks will develop when he comes in here to break it up.

It is really start to get on my nerves right now. I realize the discussion has moved on now but enough of it. It's spread into other threads previously and I'm getting fed-up of it. Enough with whatever this is.

SM

SM

There is a very faint sound that might be the door in the left channel during the 'Nostromo re-routed to new co-ordinates' bit that is almost drowned out by the computer FX.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The robot dance move is one of the things that really does me in when Ash loses his head.

Wweyland

Wweyland

The crew deciding to stick together and then splitting up to get the supplies for the shuttle.
Did they think that the bridge would be safe?

SiL

SiL

Had been for the rest of the movie.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 15, 2019, 09:49:36 PM
The crew deciding to stick together and then splitting up to get the supplies for the shuttle.
Up until now (offscreen, who knows?) the creature has confined itself to C-level and the air shafts. After setting the self-destruct, the Alien widens its range to the next deck up - B-level.

Huggs

Huggs

I don't know if staying together would've saved them all, or would've resulted in Ripley dying in the attack as well.

But she needed to get Jones, and I doubt Parker would've gone for that at the time if she'd been honest.

He still should've been paying attention to the entrance. He dropped the ball, and it snuck right up on them. You could hear the tracker humming for God's sake.

SM

SM

Quote from: Elmazalman on Apr 15, 2019, 10:03:19 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 15, 2019, 09:49:36 PM
Up until now (offscreen, who knows?) the creature has confined itself to C-level and the air shafts. After setting the self-destruct, the Alien widens its range to the next deck up - B-level.

It appears to prefer the dark.

More to the point above, Ripley says "we have to stick together" - then lets Parker go off on his own to C-Deck.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SM on Apr 16, 2019, 12:01:24 AM
More to the point above, Ripley says "we have to stick together" - then lets Parker go off on his own to C-Deck.

Interesting take... I'd always taken that line to mean "we have to stop squabbling and cooperate."

SM

SM

I think it covers both.

It also follows Ripley re-stating the plan to corner the Alien and sealing all the hatches behind them.  Which would involve physically 'sticking together'.  In fact everyone in that scene goes off on their own.  :laugh:

It's a little like in Resurrection when Christie says "I don't trust anybody" before immediately giving Distephano a mag for his gun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed