Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 21, 2019, 12:49:19 AM

Author
Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well? (Read 49,716 times)

SiL

Our main group only encounters Aliens twice - when Elgyn dies and the kitchen scene.

The video game did a great job taking the bare bones and creating a story that was actually interesting out of it.

razeak

Ok. I'll add JPJ to my list when I bash ADI. They are forever linked. lol.

SiL

Add Anderson for asking them to make Scar handsome.

Local Trouble

Scar was handsome?

SiL

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The Cruentus

They certainly made him less intimidationg than previous predators. his face is softer and his eyes is not as yellow or at least not the same as Jungle Hunter's.

Quote from: SM on Feb 01, 2024, 12:10:38 AMThe hosts being semi-conscious while being hugged didn't really fit either.

I think you mentioned this before, that someone other than Verheiden was conscious?
I went back to check the scenes in AVP and one guy in the sacrificial chamber does move his head, but I wonder if it was intentional or due to the flaps inflating and lifting his head up. The inflation mechanic is done by someone offscreen so there is more force (I think)

SiL

No, those flaps aren't moving peoples heads. It was powered by someone off screen in Alien, for example. The victims are all moving in AvP.

The Cruentus

Only two of them move. One is the bald guy when Rousseau wakes up and the other is Verheiden.

TheBATMAN

So much for the facehugger putting you in the equivalent of a coma and the alien's blood oxidising and completely neutralising after death.

And to think our Paul said he was the world's biggest alien nerd and believed there wasn't anyone at all who has seen those movies as much as he has.

SiL

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 03, 2024, 12:51:55 PMOnly two of them move. One is the bald guy when Rousseau wakes up and the other is Verheiden.
Great now imagine Kane being that active in Alien.

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 03, 2024, 01:30:37 PMSo much for the facehugger putting you in the equivalent of a coma and the alien's blood oxidising and completely neutralising after death.
I mean to be fair, Bishop never said - or could possibly know - how soon after death that occurred. It would be bizarre if it was instantaneous, and render the acid blood pretty non threatening.

The Cruentus

Verheiden was cocooned though, probably made putting him in a coma redundant.

TheBATMAN

I dont expect it is instantaneous, but the finger he uses to mark Lex a decent amount of time afterwards is questionable at least.

But the moving facehugger hosts really is a bit daft.

SiL

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 03, 2024, 01:39:12 PMVerheiden was cocooned though, probably made putting him in a coma redundant.
Rendering the host unconscious is usually shown to be instantaneous.

SM

There's two dudes moving just before Rousseau bursts (neither of whom - inexplicably - are Thomas). Then Verheiden is moving his head and hands and everything.

The Cruentus

Wait, who's the second one? The guy in the orange Jacket is Thomas, the guy next to him who moves is the bald guy.

EDIT: I think I know what you are on about, Thomas' head goes straight when the facehugger's tail tightens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed